WTB 2.47 gears

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Looking for a set or two of 2.47 8.8" gears. Let me know what you guys and gals have.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
building a land speed record type car??

(sorry i have no gears)

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know of some small dealerships that have a ton of old stock? I have a 10lb zex nitrous bottle and some 3v nitrous parts I'd give to someone who found a new set.

Last edited:

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
I asked on the blue oval gang FB page - maybe someone there has an old set available. I'll let you know...

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
I know the 7.5 rears came with 2.73 gears, think the 8.8 you can also get 2.73s in. That may work for you if you can't find any 2.47s

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
I asked on the blue oval gang FB page - maybe someone there has an old set available. I'll let you know...

Thanks!

IIRC Ford used a 9" rear in some of those old Bonko's and that's likely where those ring & pinions are from.

They came in 8.8's as well. From what I have read they were 2wd straight 6 trucks. A few guys have installed them before.

Trying to trap 200 in fifth gear? :omfg:

I can do that with a 3.15. I'm going for 300 bro!!!

I know the 7.5 rears came with 2.73 gears, think the 8.8 you can also get 2.73s in. That may work for you if you can't find any 2.47s

I may have to, if I don't find any. I'm in no hurry though and will start looking in the local junk yards.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks!

They came in 8.8's as well. From what I have read they were 2wd straight 6 trucks. A few guys have installed them before.

I may have to, if I don't find any. I'm in no hurry though and will start looking in the local junk yards.

OK, looks like the 2.47 was offered in the Bronco 2 n' Rangers, I thought the full sized Bronco's still offered the 9".

E3TZ4209B - RING & PINION Bronco II, Ranger; 8.8" Ring Gear; 2.47 Ratio

Salvage yards n' Ranger forums are your best, Good luck with with the junk yards, when I was looking for a 8-rib alternator clutched pulley off a Dodge diesel truck WITH A DENSO alternator, even though they were listed as having an over-running pulley, every one I looked at had a solid pulley on it, I looked at close to a hundred trucks before I found one.

And not long after I found that one, a guy starts selling em' on ebay for 40-bucks. :thud:

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
looks like the 2.73s are pretty easy to find. I will keep hunting, wouldn't mind having some nitrous parts

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Justin at VMP is also looking for these gears. He found one set on eBay but the seller said they were pitted.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back