Wtb: 6 speed

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Really? That's not something I'd ever heard of, especially considering a GT500 isn't too far off from that from the factory.
You must be new to drag racing, the rule has been around for a long time. It used to be required at 11.99 but it was moved down to 11.49 a few years ago.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
You must be new to drag racing, the rule has been around for a long time. It used to be required at 11.99 but it was moved down to 11.49 a few years ago.

I'm not really a drag racer at all. I've only been out a handful of times. The local track really only regulates anything under 10. If you're over that there really isn't an inspection.

I'm more of a corner carver guy.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
i kept reading that evently u will have to do these upgrads synchros and micropolished gears. for a tr6060

Are you reading first hand reports? Sounds like more "internet wisdom" from folks who don't have any experience.

If you want polished gears, etc then give Liberty Gear a call. When I bought my 6060 they were selling pretty well tricked out versions for $2700.

IMO the 6060 will handle anything you throw at it. You should also recheck your prices because what you put down for price quotes is way out there.

It really sounds like you are sold on the magnum which is fine. If that's what you want then get it. Just get it for the right reasons, not because you think the 6060 is weak and needs upgrades. The 6060 is head and shoulders above the 3650. IMO the remote shifter isn't that big of a deal. Most people feel the same way after they drive a Mustang with a 6060. It shifts so much better than a 3650 that IMO Ford should of put it in Mustang GT's or at least offered it as an option.

There is more than one thread about a 6060 swap on this site. If you haven't read them yet you should. Also, check horsepower1 on ebay for 6060 parts like a shifter, crossmember, etc. He even has a 26 spline clutch disk that works with the stock clutch pressure plate for about $40.

Why do you need a new flywheel?

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
Can I use my flywheel outta my 3650 I thought it was a different flywheel? And I was thinking a new flywheel
To maybe save a headache

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
Okay but I thought about doing there flywheel with it to. Who is a vendor that sells them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
You will be giving up some of the contact area of the clutch using it with the oem fw. After i got my mcleod fw and measured it againts the stock one i am very glad i didnt use the oem fw. Seems silly to buy such an expensive clutch and then not use all of it.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
You will be giving up some of the contact area of the clutch using it with the oem fw. After i got my mcleod fw and measured it againts the stock one i am very glad i didnt use the oem fw. Seems silly to buy such an expensive clutch and then not use all of it.

Really? McLeod told me the OEM flywheel worked perfectly.

I will say there are several aftermarket flywheels that don't work, the crankshaft relief area where the flywheel bolts to the crankshaft is too large in diameter.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
If you use the oem fw with the rst or rxt the contact area from the center of the inside set of rivets in will not contact the fw. This is almost a 1/4 of the contact are of the disc. Will it work, yes, is it ideal, NO. I bought a used rst that needed rebuilt. Sent it in and had it rebuilt and it came back with a note inside that said Do Not Use With OEM Flywheel, Aftermarket FlyWheel Required. This was because it was previously used with an oem fw and the wear pattern with very clear where the disc was not contacting the fw in the configuration it was previously used in. Like I said, it will bolt to the oem fw, but will not be an ideal application, and a waste IMHO

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
This was with a Fidanza flywheel. It had a little more contact area than the stock one. This was used with my 3650. It held fine but wasn't ideal. When I went 6060 the flywheel was replaced with a McLeod.

I was under the impression you weren't going with a McLeod.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back