WTB: Kenne Bell and Long tubes!

SilverBullitGT

forum member
Reaction score
I was looking to buy a kenne bell super and was wondering if anyone had one or knew the best way about getting one

Also i was looking to buy longtubes and an x pipe on or off-road please let me know if you have any ideas on either or know anyone that has them for sale

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
if you don't get it from somone here used.....order directly through KB....they don't cut discounts so you might as well skip the middle man

SilverBullitGT

forum member
Reaction score
if you don't get it from somone here used.....order directly through KB....they don't cut discounts so you might as well skip the middle man

yeah thats what i heard. i have already talked to the guys over at kenne bell. im just seeing if anyone has a better deal then 6 grand ha. thanks though for the advice.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
max payne do you like your kb?
only at 6psi non intercooled and I love it....now there will be shitbags in a minute qoting me with retrded Q's like.......did you tried something else to say that.....and hijack your thread .....so before that happens ...I'll let you know.....when I was in the market for FI I was set ot procharger from everything I read.....and I foud a deal on the 2.6 NON intercoole KB with 6psi of boost that I could'nt pass and I boght it....I was trying to sell/trade it and get the 10 psi procharger for it....till a guy here local to me came with a car like mine(as far as mods goes....exhaoust,xpipe stock headers 3.55's)and he wanted to trade me...a 10 psi stage 2 procharger.....I took the car for a spin and that thin is a turd in the low rpms....it really kicks in at around 4-5....but how often do you wait till 5k rpms to shift in the city........? so I just said fuck it and put it on.....The best money I spent on a mod for my car.....2 weeks ago I drove a 475hp saleen.....and I almost craped my pants....I know that when I get my intercooler and 10 psi boost my car will be pretty close to that saleen....and I just cant wait till I get it....so whichver you go with....go with a twinscrew or roots

SilverBullitGT

forum member
Reaction score
only at 6psi non intercooled and I love it....now there will be shitbags in a minute qoting me with retrded Q's like.......did you tried something else to say that.....and hijack your thread .....so before that happens ...I'll let you know.....when I was in the market for FI I was set ot procharger from everything I read.....and I foud a deal on the 2.6 NON intercoole KB with 6psi of boost that I could'nt pass and I boght it....I was trying to sell/trade it and get the 10 psi procharger for it....till a guy here local to me came with a car like mine(as far as mods goes....exhaoust,xpipe stock headers 3.55's)and he wanted to trade me...a 10 psi stage 2 procharger.....I took the car for a spin and that thin is a turd in the low rpms....it really kicks in at around 4-5....but how often do you wait till 5k rpms to shift in the city........? so I just said fuck it and put it on.....The best money I spent on a mod for my car.....2 weeks ago I drove a 475hp saleen.....and I almost craped my pants....I know that when I get my intercooler and 10 psi boost my car will be pretty close to that saleen....and I just cant wait till I get it....so whichver you go with....go with a twinscrew or roots

wow thanks that really helps to ease my mind... i appreciate that post!

nycmikie1

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Silverbullet
Make sure to do a 8 rib set-up with that k-b do not let anybody talk you out of it and a Thumper belt tensioner right from go and a tuner that when you get to a rear wheel dyno you can make adjustments to that tune they all need tweaking so that price you thought was bad just got worse but it is what you need or you will have problems.what state you in I may be just selling everything you need

Last edited:

SilverBullitGT

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Silverbullet
Make sure to do a 8 rib set-up with that k-b do not let anybody talk you out of it and a Thumper belt tensioner right from go and a tuner that when you get to a rear wheel dyno you can make adjustments to that tune they all need tweaking so that price you thought was bad just got worse but it is what you need or you will have problems.what state you in I may be just selling everything you need

I am in texas but am willing to drive or pay shipping no worries there just trying to find a good setup

I knew i had to go 8 rib as well as the belt tensioner that was all factored in originally im just trying to get everything together to know how much i will be in for. let me know what you got cause i am very interested

nycmikie1

forum member
Reaction score
Think you should give me a call or i can call you I have lots of stuff for our cars a livernois 298 stroker brand new with a aluminum pan,sfi dampener,head studs,tr-6060 6 speed conversion,kooks long tubes and X with high flow cats,KB 2.6H water to air blower with 8 rib and Thumper pullies and tensioner I will send you my number

Last edited:

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
+1 on the 8 rib and the tensiner....I havent done the * rib yet but I'm only at 6psi so my belt is not slipping....yet....but as soon as I go to 10...I'm doing it also.....as far as the tensioner goes.....this is a must....you'll find a bunch of posts about shreded belts and bented tensiners...thuprrr is a very good piece....it is the official whipple tensionr if I'm corect....BUT for the 400$ that it costs...there's way cheaper alternatives....they use the exact same spring from the stock one.....so you can just go and buy the steeda one which is the same thing but it's 120$....That's what I have....it's a stock tensiner with a welded 1/4" aluminum plate on to beef it up.....it aint going anywhere......it's really up to you....I woul'd save the extra 300$ and buy something else ....:)BTW I'm still running the KB stock tune...I'll get it custome tuned at JDM as soon as I get my IC....god luck....and like nycmikie1 said......don't let anyone talk you out of it......KB is one of the best,easiest to instal,reliable,and THE CHEAPEST complete 10 spi kit you can get....you can order only by phone......I'll take the day off when you do that....their CS sucks major ass....the phone lines are allways busy....i think that they have like 2 lines only or something LOL

p.s. the background in my sig is an actual photo of my blower.....look up in the search i have a step by step write up with photos on instaling it.....GL bro

Last edited:

nycmikie1

forum member
Reaction score
at 9 psi I do not power shift and only have gone to 6300 rpm and that supported steeda did not bend where it has the plated welded to it but started to BEND where the pin joins the 2 pieces you could see the plastic washer had space on the top and starting to rub heavy at the bottom trust me save time go put a good tensioner on
+1 on the 8 rib and the tensiner....I havent done the * rib yet but I'm only at 6psi so my belt is not slipping....yet....but as soon as I go to 10...I'm doing it also.....as far as the tensioner goes.....this is a must....you'll find a bunch of posts about shreded belts and bented tensiners...thuprrr is a very good piece....it is the official whipple tensionr if I'm corect....BUT for the 400$ that it costs...there's way cheaper alternatives....they use the exact same spring from the stock one.....so you can just go and buy the steeda one which is the same thing but it's 120$....That's what I have....it's a stock tensiner with a welded 1/4" aluminum plate on to beef it up.....it aint going anywhere......it's really up to you....I woul'd save the extra 300$ and buy something else ....:)BTW I'm still running the KB stock tune...I'll get it custome tuned at JDM as soon as I get my IC....god luck....and like nycmikie1 said......don't let anyone talk you out of it......KB is one of the best,easiest to instal,reliable,and THE CHEAPEST complete 10 spi kit you can get....you can order only by phone......I'll take the day off when you do that....their CS sucks major ass....the phone lines are allways busy....i think that they have like 2 lines only or something LOL

p.s. the background in my sig is an actual photo of my blower.....look up in the search i have a step by step write up with photos on instaling it.....GL bro

Last edited:

SilverBullitGT

forum member
Reaction score
yeah the one i am looking at comes with a thumprrr so i am pretty excited about that thanks for all the advice and when i install i will definently have to pring off your how to you wrote up to just help me through it all and get through with out the hiccups that go happen along the way. thanks for all your advice and support. hopefully all goes well and i shout get it mid june. thanks again bro

SilverBullitGT

forum member
Reaction score
yeah as stated hopefully all goes well and the kit i am getting will come with the thumprrr so i dont have to worry about that extra stuff... just put in the work then play.

at 9 psi I do not power shift and only have gone to 6300 rpm and that supported steeda did not bend where it has the plated welded to it but started to BEND where the pin joins the 2 pieces you could see the plastic washer had space on the top and starting to rub heavy at the bottom trust me save time go put a good tensioner on

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
the hardest part of the install was taking of the heather core hoses off.,......it took me 2 hours of coursing and bleeding knuckles to take it off

SilverBullitGT

forum member
Reaction score
the hardest part of the install was taking of the heather core hoses off.,......it took me 2 hours of coursing and bleeding knuckles to take it off

i am ready for the pain i expect 5 days atleast working after work im just hoping all works out

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
there's a guy here that sels long tubes and kenne bell

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back