Xcal 2 step procedure?

F

FordEvangelist

Finally got my car to the track with the software (SCT) two-step setup. It actually worked pretty good. I set the Neutral 0 rev limiter to 5500RPM and set the Rev Limit Speed To Exit MPH to .2mph. See the image below.

I also removed the top clutch plunger switch from its mounting bracket and taped the switch into a permanent closed position and tucked it into the driver's side kick panel area. This prevented the bog between shifts. There was none.

Am mounting a toggle switch to override the clutch switch next weekend. Will be cleaner.

60's were 1.67 - 1.74. I usually am in hte 1.76/8 range and only got a 1.6x one time in very cold weather on a well prepped track before. It was 3100'DA last night.

I ended up settling on 5500RPM and 15 1/2 psi in my ET Streets.

I know a Wotbox is a better all around solution but I don't want to mess with it. When this is cutting out fuel it's not in boost so I'm not worried about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
The answer to it cutting the power every shift is closing up the top plunger then? When I was trying the two step tune it worked great and wish it wouldn't kill the car on every shift though I was told if it was moving it wouldn't do that.

F

FordEvangelist

That's correct. I tried the SCT two step a couple of years ago when I first put the blower on but had the problem with it dropping way off between shifts. I didn't know about the plunger thing then so I just gave up on it.

I actually used a hose clamp to clamp the plunger down then taped over that. It's just temp though since I'm going to put a toggle switch in.

The car still won't start unless the clutch is pushed in so I guess that's what the lower switch does. The top switch must be just a "neutral indicator". I assume the car also goes to neutral mode when it's not moving.

Anyway, it worked real well for me last night.

The answer to it cutting the power every shift is closing up the top plunger then? When I was trying the two step tune it worked great and wish it wouldn't kill the car on every shift though I was told if it was moving it wouldn't do that.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Being that i am running cats (for now) I would like a fuel cut 2 step instead of a spark cut 2 step, with the exception of my wotbox which I love, I will try the plunger thing, that shouldn't effect my wotbox if the cutting of the engine is cured. I still want no lift shift goodness :)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back