You turbo guys might like this...

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Here are pics of something I saw today. And its definitely not your garden variety snail. But I can't say where I saw it, or whose car it's going on. You have to figure it out... LOL :whistling:

P1090545.jpg

P1090542.jpg

P1090540.jpg

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lol, i'd figure the owner is holding it? haha, in response to chevykillers new setup.

Injected S197

forum member
Reaction score
So you guys finally saw the light :thumb: Looks like a 88 possibly a 91mm. Hope there is some big cubes to spool that thing up.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats a huge turbo!

I have personally seen a overlapped graph of a buddys 91mm set up compared to twin 67mm. The 91mm was running about 5 more pounds of boost and made 100 more rwhp (was pulled to a higher rpm). Through the curve the twin 67mm set up made about 100 to 150 more hp/tq. Hard to believe but true. That turbo is hard to spool, my buddy had to use a shot of juice to spool it up.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
in response to chevykillers new setup.
No... totally unrelated.

So you guys finally saw the light
No, not me... I'm still not a turbo guy.

Looks like a 88 possibly a 91mm. Hope there is some big cubes to spool that thing up.
yea thats deffinatly a 91mm + turbo , thing makes my 67 look like a rat turd lol
And if I heard correctly, I think it is over 100mm... but I could be wrong.

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No... totally unrelated.

No, not me... I'm still not a turbo guy.

And if I heard correctly, I think it is over 100mm... but I could be wrong.
100mm lol give us a clue. it has to be a badass car to spool and hold the power that turbo would make. is the owner on this board

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
I would have guessed a 101mm or 106mm.....A lot of the guys running 10.5 cars and NMRA are running the 101's and 106's....I think they changed the rules in ORSCA for this year, and those guys can't run larger than a 96mm....

On the other hand, that is a big ass turbo....

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
don't tell me i fucked with adam enough about his car to make him swap to a turbo lmao

oh and come on don you know you wanna go turbo and ditch that ole t/s

Androdz

Banned
Reaction score
so two turbo cars from st motorsports ^^, I still remember mark saying that he would never go back to a turbo set-up. Eitherway thats way too big lol, could had gone with a smaller hta turbine.

Last edited:

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
tis huge. a 281 will never spool that

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so two turbo cars from st motorsports ^^, I still remember mark saying that he would never go back to a turbo set-up. Eitherway thats way too big lol, could had gone with a smaller hta turbine.

Mark's turbo set-up is going to be designed by GREG@RET not ST.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep Greg is the shiznit!...:clap:

BTW: I said i would never put an air cooled turbo system on my car and I stand by that statement. I am putting on a WATER COOLED turbo system...:hi:

And 281? Are you kidding me? You won't spool that thing for shit with less than 400 ci.

If someone puts that thing on a 3V, they are going to be really disappointed....:LMAO:

Not to mention controlling heat is going to be ridiculous. If it ain't going on a tubbed chasis car with a big motor - it's going to be a big paperweight.

Last edited:

slicksilver

forum member
Reaction score
And 281? Are you kidding me? You won't spool that thing for shit with less than 400 ci.

If someone puts that thing on a 3V, they are going to be really disappointed....:LMAO:

I don't know about that. I know a guy who runs a 331 stroker (pushrod) with a 95mm turbo and he runs 5.18 in the 8th, and low 8's in the quarter. All of this is an SN95 car, powerglide, transbrake.

The spooling is no problem as long as you have a good transbrake or something to spool it pre-launch.

If someone is planning on putting that on a stick car = FAIL. haha

DCA08GT

Reaction score
Def gotta be a diesel turbo....but it looks great for a twin scroll setup!!!

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Here are pics of something I saw today. And its definitely not your garden variety snail. But I can't say where I saw it, or whose car it's going on. You have to figure it out... LOL :whistling:

P1090545.jpg

P1090542.jpg

P1090540.jpg

Where's the other one? I figured they came in pairs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back