z06 wreck video at our track day 9-20

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A video of the wreck that occured at the track day surfaced today. As indicated in the other thread, the driver was unhurt and remarkably calm about the whole ordeal--everyone is very thankful for that. Many Mustang club members extended their help immediately to get him home safe and his vehicle towed to a location for inspection. I can't imagine what he had into the car and mods but my guess is well in excess of $100k. I've seen a note regarding possible debris in the lane but so far the driver hasn't posted what he experienced from inside the cabin...

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff63/mjr46/?action=view&current=nvms2008fall003.flv

John

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OUCH

That had to hurt!

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I'm glad the driver was OK.

But it is remarkable how many times I see street-tire Vettes have an encounter with the walls at a strip.

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thank God you were in the Mustang and IN FRONT.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thank god he was okay. It still never ceases to amaze me how lifting seems impossible for most poeple when they get in a panic situation - lift first - steer second - the bible IMO...:2cents:

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It looked almost like he yanked on the steering wheel and cut it into the wall..Damn that sucks...AT Lebanon Valley Dragway last week, a guy in a Ford GT hit the wall pretty hard..Car was fucked too I guess...

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
oooooh, that sucks

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Corvette guys are analyzing the data log (hurrah for that) and they think the active suspension gizmo went nutty. While not visible in this video, witnesses say the car was going straight and suddenly yanked hard to the right.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
dude that's gotta suck ass , we just had an ole boy on a bike wipe out down here wednesday nite came out the hole hard front picked up a lil n he just freaked and jumped off he was fine bike was trashed

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A video of the wreck that occured at the track day surfaced today. As indicated in the other thread, the driver was unhurt and remarkably calm about the whole ordeal--everyone is very thankful for that. Many Mustang club members extended their help immediately to get him home safe and his vehicle towed to a location for inspection. I can't imagine what he had into the car and mods but my guess is well in excess of $100k. I've seen a note regarding possible debris in the lane but so far the driver hasn't posted what he experienced from inside the cabin...

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff63/mjr46/?action=view&current=nvms2008fall003.flv

John

Wow. A crash just like that at Daytona in 2001 is what killed Dale Earnhardt Sr. Massive impulse when you hit a wall like that (dv/dt = a very large negative number!)

Mike

Black_GT

SIIXVII
Reaction score
One of the best handling cars out there...couldn't even stay straight...j/k Seriously, that really sucks. Good thing he's okay and not in the hospital.

08VistablueGT

Booyakasha!
Reaction score
The Corvette guys are analyzing the data log (hurrah for that) and they think the active suspension gizmo went nutty. While not visible in this video, witnesses say the car was going straight and suddenly yanked hard to the right.

My dad has owned/own several Corvettes, and the active handling system is NOT ideal for drag racing. The random loss of traction (like seen in your video) is common. Really sucks for that guy, that looks like a lot damage. Do you know what all was in his Vette?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back