05-09 vs 10+ electronics differences?

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
For those who have been behind the dash of both the 05-09s and the 10+s, I have a few questions:

Is there any difference in the wiring for the radio?
Is there any difference in the wiring for the ac control?
(ie- not only is it the same wires, but also the same connectors?)

I'm looking into some crazy upgrades for my 08...and I need to know if they are different or the same! Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
For those who have been behind the dash of both the 05-09s and the 10+s, I have a few questions:

Is there any difference in the wiring for the radio?
Is there any difference in the wiring for the ac control?
(ie- not only is it the same wires, but also the same connectors?)

I'm looking into some crazy upgrades for my 08...and I need to know if they are different or the same! Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
the 2010+ uses a "data board" for the climate controls. its a simple 4 pin plug that controls everything where in the 05-09 is hardwired. the radio is different yes. the display in the 2010+ is just that.. a display.. the radio is just a square box behind the data board. nothing will interchange from 05-09 to a 2010+. the harness MIGHT be similar but i dont think so.

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
I saw pictures from another post and the radio connectors are the same.

Would there be a way to adapt the "hardwired" system over to to "data board" is really where my biggest concern is!

If I need to re-wire some things to get them on the same page I can. Thats part of them game when it comes to customs.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
From what I've seen, many of the wires are different colors. What works for one guy in an 08 hardwiring his radar detector into the overhead lights isn't the same for a 10+. I would have to assume that the wiring color codes would be different through out a lot of the car if something as insignificant as the dome lights have different colors.

BTW, this isn't tech.

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I'm asking about infotRmation on the 10+, which this is the only area for. And I'm asking for specifics about the wiring, which, if not tech related, what is it.

If it is just a matter of different wires in different locations, that's an easy fix. But stang1971 says the a/c controls are only a 4 wire connector. Somewhere this has to hard wire back into everything the way the 05-09 does. Where and how is what I need to know.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I'm asking about infotRmation on the 10+, which this is the only area for. And I'm asking for specifics about the wiring, which, if not tech related, what is it.

If it is just a matter of different wires in different locations, that's an easy fix. But stang1971 says the a/c controls are only a 4 wire connector. Somewhere this has to hard wire back into everything the way the 05-09 does. Where and how is what I need to know.
there is a seperate hvac control unit in the dash, where as in the 05-09 everything is control right on the dash piece itself. I dont think ur gonna be able to make a 2010+ unit work in a 05-09 without extensive electrical work. none of the wiring is the same or same location.

the 4 wire data connector does everything for the data board.. it tells the board when to light up.. controls all the radio info for volume up and down.. selecting stations... etc. along with all the climate information too. you are gonna need the sjb out of a 2010+ along with all the wiring.

Last edited by a moderator:

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
Are the separate HVAC controls hard wired? I understand what you are saying. Ultimately I would like to use a unit like what SCOSCHE offers. It is for aftermarket radios, so eliminates the radio function, and has a touch screen + buttons for the HVAC. I would like to fab in their HVAC controls in my dash where mine are.

Ultimately, if it will not work, I can make something with arduino. But I feel that route would be more work.I'm not worried about wire colors being different. I can cut and splice the proper ones together.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back