07 GT/CS Clutch Questions????

pilatti1

Reaction score
I have an '07 GT/CS with 55k miles. Since being at Mustang Week in SC and running the dragstrip 3 times and a lot of bumper to bumper traffic (1 point it took 3hours to go 4 miles) my car is bucking and sometimes the tires spin way to easily even at low RPM's i am guessing there are hot spots on the clutch - so my question is to all of you great mechanically inclined stang lovers:

Can it be repaired?
Should I replace the clutch?
If you thiink it needs to be replaced - what kind do I get? As it is my daily driver summer & winter in Connecticut. I do drive somewhat spirited with my 3.55 gears.

Any help is greatly appreciated.....Thanks in advance

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
I have an '07 GT/CS with 55k miles. Since being at Mustang Week in SC and running the dragstrip 3 times and a lot of bumper to bumper traffic (1 point it took 3hours to go 4 miles) my car is bucking and sometimes the tires spin way to easily even at low RPM's i am guessing there are hot spots on the clutch - so my question is to all of you great mechanically inclined stang lovers:

Can it be repaired?
Should I replace the clutch?
If you thiink it needs to be replaced - what kind do I get? As it is my daily driver summer & winter in Connecticut. I do drive somewhat spirited with my 3.55 gears.

Any help is greatly appreciated.....Thanks in advance

hmmm, I think we need more detail on the bucking. Why do you believe its your clutch? I'm curious. do the tires spin, or is the clutch slipping making it seem like the tires might be spinning in place?

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hmmm, I think we need more detail on the bucking. Why do you believe its your clutch? I'm curious. do the tires spin, or is the clutch slipping making it seem like the tires might be spinning in place?

+1. From the OPs description, it doesn't sound like a slipping clutch to me.

pilatti1

Reaction score
Let me try to explain it a little better....when taking off slowly in 1st with a warm car the tires give a small chirp/spin at times or there is a shake/shudder when taking off...it also happens in 2nd but not as frequently...I have kept the driving to normal take offs and not punching it so hard for the last 2 weeks and as far as I can tell it has not been doing it much.. I think I need to wait & see what happens after being in stop & go traffic again...I know if a clutch need replacement you get more slipping on take offs but right now it seems to take off ok but my commute is only 3 miles....maybe the car just did not like the Myrtle beach heat lol

Eldude

forum member
Reaction score
My 07 Gt does that too when starting in the morning, lot of bucking and all that good stuff. I just start off in 2nd when the engines cold and I don't have any issues. The car behaves normally if it's warmed up

Chilliwack 42

forum member
Reaction score
What are your mods? My car bucks in first when its cold because of my cams. I do the same as Eldude and start in second so I don't piss off the neighbours. It doesn't sound like the clutch to me.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Only time I really had bucking in the am was with my race tune... Hates the cold am driving.. As far as it being clutch chatter, I doubt it as well... You would of had to feather the crap out of your clutch for it to develop hot spots like that... I'd just take it for a nice long cruise and see what it does....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back