2010-12 Air extractor hood?

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I've decided that if my Cervini's hood doesn't fit after my motor swap, I'm going to go back to a stock hood with a Boss 429 hood scoop on it. However, I think I also want head extractors.

Does anyone know if there is a hood available that is like the OEM hood only with heat extractors kinda like the 2013/14 GT hood? I don't want a hood with scoops or front edge extractors.

I know about the AIT GT-R hood, but I don't really want that one (I don't think).

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
Since you are going all out with this build I would look at some custom work on the factory hood. A good fabricator could incorporate the MMD hood vents that American Muscle sells (http://www.americanmuscle.com/painted-mmd-hood-vent-0509.html). since the hood is metal I imagine it could be either bead rolled or a shelf made to allow those vents to sit flush. I am thinking about getting a hood from a junk yard to try this my self.

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Since you are going all out with this build I would look at some custom work on the factory hood. A good fabricator could incorporate the MMD hood vents that American Muscle sells (http://www.americanmuscle.com/painted-mmd-hood-vent-0509.html). since the hood is metal I imagine it could be either bead rolled or a shelf made to allow those vents to sit flush. I am thinking about getting a hood from a junk yard to try this my self.

Those look viable. Too bad they don't have screens, but I suppose that wouldn't be hard to address...

G.T

Reaction score
you know the OE 2013 vents are a bit flexible.. so if you don't mind them sticking up a bit over the surface of the hood, you can certainly cut and fit them in place.

i'll be doing the same on my 2012 BOSS, but i had a friend with a professional grade 3D Scanner come and scan the 2013 hood where the vents go, and we'll be trying to CNC machine a stamp that would create the recess into the hood so the vent is flush.
all we've done is the scanning and CAD part so far :)

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
you know the OE 2013 vents are a bit flexible.. so if you don't mind them sticking up a bit over the surface of the hood, you can certainly cut and fit them in place.

i'll be doing the same on my 2012 BOSS, but i had a friend with a professional grade 3D Scanner come and scan the 2013 hood where the vents go, and we'll be trying to CNC machine a stamp that would create the recess into the hood so the vent is flush.
all we've done is the scanning and CAD part so far :)

Sounds like the right idea, I will buy a stamp when its done... :beerdrink:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back