2010 taurus in the 12's

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
Hell yeah the car weighs an excess of 4k they need to drop this motor into the 2011 stangs.That would be total humiliation for the new ls3 Camaro. Stock any ways..

the 2011 has a 400 hp 5.0 and a 317 hp v6. is also weighs 600-800 pounds less than the camero. id say that's already embarrassing.

...also both engines are dohc, whereas the LS_ is from the stone age!

P.S. the taurus is SICK!

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
Taurus is sick, but i much rather have a v8 that gets as good gas mileage with more mod room (g8). Sorry, I'm old fashioned and don't like the idea of turbo v-6 replacing v8s...it sounded like the taurus had 0 exhaust note....

I thought the new mustang was gonna weigh more then the current? that's why they were both gonna get such bad ass engines (the 315 hp v6 and the 400 hp v8)

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
I thought the new mustang was gonna weigh more then the current? that's why they were both gonna get such bad ass engines (the 315 hp v6 and the 400 hp v8)

It most certainly will weigh more, those DOHC V8 engines are huge. Our weight advantage will probably shrink to just a couple hundred pounds.

white07

Reaction score
the 2011 has a 400 hp 5.0 and a 317 hp v6. is also weighs 600-800 pounds less than the camero. id say that's already embarrassing.

...also both engines are dohc, whereas the LS_ is from the stone age!

P.S. the taurus is SICK!

LSX motors are pretty badass man. Stone age or not.

kennyxg

Reaction score
True that but even they deserve to be humbled ..Lol! That car with just a tune will whoop a stock ls3 Camaro give a stock ls3 vette a good run ,favoring the vette.And would even beat a so called ls1 freak bone stock 12.90 B4C package or what ever.I guess Ford got tired of hearing shit about how bad ass the ls motors are. And they are stout, but all good things must come to an end Lol!
LSX motors are pretty badass man. Stone age or not.

white07

Reaction score
True that but even they deserve to be humbled ..Lol! That car with just a tune will whoop a stock ls3 Camaro give a stock ls3 vette a good run ,favoring the vette.And would even beat a so called ls1 freak bone stock 12.90 B4C package or what ever.I guess Ford got tired of hearing shit about how bad ass the ls motors are. And they are stout, but all good things must come to an end Lol!

then in steps the ls9:chainsaw:. I was just implying that even though the ls is an older platform it still can keep up with modern technology. I believe a n/a lsx has run 9s....

usmcpony

forum member
Reaction score
That is one of my friends car "BeefCake". He is on Modularfords.com, stangbangerz.com and just about any other car forum. The only thing he has done to it is a tune. No exhaust or intake. Just a tune set at 15 psi. I raced him once but it wasnt a full blown race. I beat him but Im trying to get him to race again. I took a ride in it when it was stock. Its a pretty whicked car for 4500lbs.

kennyxg

Reaction score
Come on man ,n/a 331 cube ford pushrod motors have done the same.Yes its an awesome motor but ,not the ultimate .It all comes down to how much money you want to spend to go fast.But yes the ls motors def changed the game.2.00 valves from the factory and a 500 lift cam? What do you expect.Chevy has just stuck with the bigger is better phil.This is no secret.I see your point,but it goes without saying.Ford has done well with small cubic inch motors.Just depends how you want to look at it.
then in steps the ls9:chainsaw:. I was just implying that even though the ls is an older platform it still can keep up with modern technology. I believe a n/a lsx has run 9s....

Last edited:

white07

Reaction score
Come on man ,n/a 331 cube ford pushrod motors have done the same.Yes its an awesome motor but ,not the ultimate .It all comes down to how much money you want to spend to go fast.But yes the ls motors def changed the game.2.00 valves from the factory and a 500 lift cam? What do you expect.Chevy has just stuck with the bigger is better phil.This is no secret.I see your point,but it goes without saying.Ford has done well with small cubic inch motors.Just depends how you want to look at it.

Thats a pushrod. "Stone age". Alex was going on DOHC motors.

kennyxg

Reaction score
You have a point ,but we haven't seen what the hurricane motor well do.Push rod tech is old school though.I have a 306 hci fox.often thought about dropping in an lsx motor but i dont want to go to hell when i die.Lol! I own an 07 but to tell you the truth I never liked the mod motors till I bought one.
Thats a pushrod. "Stone age". Alex was going on DOHC motors.

white07

Reaction score
You have a point ,but we haven't seen what the hurricane motor well do.Push rod tech is old school though.I have a 306 hci fox.often thought about dropping in an lsx motor but i dont want to go to hell when i die.Lol! I own an 07 but to tell you the truth I never liked the mod motors till I bought one.

:wtf: 347 FTW:thumb2:

kennyxg

Reaction score
I like being the under dog ,what can I say... A little spray never hurt nobody! I have taken many a an ls1 bolt on car to school ,including a cammed out ls1 Gto.. and that was a motor run 306>347 ls1...

Last edited:

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score

we know that the ls series can keep up, but neglecting to fix something that isn't broken is to stop the advancements of technology. think about this: the only reason that the corvette gets 24 mpg is because it has a 3.24 final drive or something ridiculous like that. the fact remains that overhead cams and forced induction are so much more efficient. the z06 needs a 7 liter v8 to get 505 hp, while ferrari does it with a 4.5 liter NA, ford does it with a supercharged 5.4 (at only 7 psi), porsche does it with a 3.6 liter twin turbo, and bmw does it with 5 liters.

In all reality, LS engines are not that cool. sure they are powerful, but they should be for how big they are. sure they are reliable, but GM has had a million years to make them so. personally, i am really into american products, but i cannot praise something that is not worth praise anymore. it's time we moved on. when modern motors are capable of 100+ hp per liter (the ford taurus), a 6 liter with 400 hp just isnt impressive.

does anyone else realize that the new taurus sho has only 33 hp less than the ls2?

kennyxg

Reaction score
Your cup runneth over!!
we know that the ls series can keep up, but neglecting to fix something that isn't broken is to stop the advancements of technology. Think about this: The only reason that the corvette gets 24 mpg is because it has a 3.24 final drive or something ridiculous like that. The fact remains that overhead cams and forced induction are so much more efficient. The z06 needs a 7 liter v8 to get 505 hp, while ferrari does it with a 4.5 liter na, ford does it with a supercharged 5.4 (at only 7 psi), porsche does it with a 3.6 liter twin turbo, and bmw does it with 5 liters.

In all reality, ls engines are not that cool. Sure they are powerful, but they should be for how big they are. Sure they are reliable, but gm has had a million years to make them so. Personally, i am really into american products, but i cannot praise something that is not worth praise anymore. It's time we moved on. When modern motors are capable of 100+ hp per liter (the ford taurus), a 6 liter with 400 hp just isnt impressive.

Does anyone else realize that the new taurus sho has only 33 hp less than the ls2?

DGK

GHRTW
Reaction score
does anyone else realize that the new taurus sho has only 33 hp less than the ls2?

While that may be true, imagine if Chevy employed some if the technologies that Ford has. If they used a variable cam timing system like the OHV V10 in the Viper, they could easily boost performance. Also, Ford is using direct injection. If used on the LS engine (The C6.R has DI already) they would be allowed to safely increase compression ratio and subsequently increase power. I'd give it a good 50hp increase. And considering its NA, thats not that bad. In any case, the LS2 is outdated. They use the LS3 more now.

Sadly though, this is "if"...

Back