2011 Shaker 500 Audio System HELP!!

grayghost01gt

Mustang Junkie
Reaction score
Hey Guys, okay I am having some difficutly in trying to enjoy my shaker 500 audio system, I listen to all types of music but If I listen to anything that has any kind of bass my door rattles like almost something in the speaker is rattling, or something is loose!! When I crank it up it goes away some what but is still there, I think some of the older Shakers had the same issue, I did not know if this was something I could do, or get the warranty to fix? It's driving me crazy I have to keep my bass low or the thing sounds like crap!! It';s in the passenger door, the drivers door seems to be fine!! Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!!

ocpony

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, okay I am having some difficutly in trying to enjoy my shaker 500 audio system, I listen to all types of music but If I listen to anything that has any kind of bass my door rattles like almost something in the speaker is rattling, or something is loose!! When I crank it up it goes away some what but is still there, I think some of the older Shakers had the same issue, I did not know if this was something I could do, or get the warranty to fix? It's driving me crazy I have to keep my bass low or the thing sounds like crap!! It';s in the passenger door, the drivers door seems to be fine!! Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!!

Make sure there is nothing in the pocket of the door panel under the arm rest. It will vibrate anything in that pocket when the bass hits. BTW my shaker 500 in the 2011 hits way harder and is much clearer than the one in my 05 mustang. They are both shaker 500 systems but they definately improved the system since 05. BTW the bass speaker is bolted (into the magnet) into the plastic tune box in the door panel from behind. If that bolt came loose it would probably make a lot of vibration noise.

G-russ415

Reaction score
Hey it could be that some of the screws bolting the sub in got loose. What you could do is pop off the door cover and check the sub. If its blown in anyway I would just suggest buying new 8" subs from somewhere like best buy. Kicker and Alpine Type R hit nicely. If you get new subs though, be sure to get an amplifier. It will be louder, cleaner, and more enjoyable as long as the rattling/vibration isn't a part of the door. I got a 12" Alpine Type R installed in the back of my car (I know its added weight, but I only have a V6 and am not that crazy of a driver) but I love it. My audio quality is so much better. When I played music in the standard speakers before the bass would make the music sound horrible, then I got the sub which took all the low frequencies away from my speakers and redirected it to the sub. Clean and loud.

rollin' in my 5.0

Reaction score
I had the same problem but it was coming from my driver's side door. Took it in to the dealership, and guess what? Freakin speakers were torn, both of them. The dealer is covering them under warranty but they won't be here until this Friday. Take you car into the dealer and let them check the speakers out. Hey, if they are messed up, at least you won't have to pay for new ones.

PLACECRAFT20

Reaction score
I had the same problem but it was coming from my driver's side door. Took it in to the dealership, and guess what? Freakin speakers were torn, both of them. The dealer is covering them under warranty but they won't be here until this Friday. Take you car into the dealer and let them check the speakers out. Hey, if they are messed up, at least you won't have to pay for new ones.

The wifes 2011 5.0 is doing the same thing. I guess its time to go to the dealer.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back