Aeroforce gauge accuracy ?

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
So my laptop crashed, and I can't data log for now. Well I have an aeroforce gauge in my car, and it seems to be pretty close with sct live link. I went to the track last night and according to the aeroforce it was running pretty fat.. I was running my Lund tune that was put on the car in January and tuned when it was 40° outside. A/F was perfect then 11.70-11.80 at redline.

Well it's 90 degrees plus in Texas now, And according to my gauge my air fuel is around 10.50 all the way up until 7000 RPM where it starts to lean out a little bit, but it never gets past 11.20. It was under 11.00 until I got over 7,000, and it climbs to 11.20 or so at 7,500 rpm.

I swapped from the 3.6 pulley, and put the 3.3 pulley on and went out and made a pull in 3rd gear earlier, and according to my gauge its around 11.20 from 4500 on, and steady climbs until its around 11.80-11.90 once I get over 7,000 rpm, but never gets out of the 11.xx range.
My question is, do these gauges read 100% true? Can I rely on that reading to make sure my car isn't getting too lean? I honestly thought swapping pulleys and picking up 3lbs of boost would cause the car to be too lean without a retune.

Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:

Doug1227

forum member
Reaction score
All it's doing is showing you the readings that the ECM is seeing. IOW, it's the exact same data that your SCT would be reading.

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm thinking, I just want to make sure they are not off by a little bit.

I'll find out tomorrow, I have a new computer sitting here, and have the sct software downloaded!

vic2186

Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm thinking, I just want to make sure they are not off by a little bit.

I'll find out tomorrow, I have a new computer sitting here, and have the sct software downloaded!

Should be exactly the same since there both picking up from the obd2

Kaane

forum member
Reaction score
Gauge is accurate, it is reading the wideband sensors these cars come equipped with, so it is as accurate as it gets.

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
Ive used my OT-2 to watch WB AFR and the readings I get are sometimes pretty weird as well. Im not super sure they are scaling right.
Either that or Im being thrown off by the how shitty the OEMs have to tune the cars to pass emissions and such. Thats not something Ive ever had to keep in mind when tuning.

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
^^ this, I use my sct and read lambda but the aeroforce reads A/F.

Maybe I can configure it to read lambda.

I wonder if its scaled the same. I would assume they use e10 where you're from, and the 2011's use 14.04:1 as stoich. If the Aeroforce is converting lambda from a 14.64:1, it could be giving an incorrect value.

For instance, my lambda on my whipple 12 in sct is .79-.80, or around 11.232:1 on e10. I also have an aftermarket stand alone wideband in the car, scaled for 14.64:1, which displays around 11.8 during the same full throttle pull. Lambda is the way to go, it should remain constant regardless of fuel mixture.

I have an aeroforce as well, I don't use it for A/F, but I remember scrolling through lambda at one point through the gauge setup.

S

Steedagus

I wonder if its scaled the same. I would assume they use e10 where you're from, and the 2011's use 14.04:1 as stoich. If the Aeroforce is converting lambda from a 14.64:1, it could be giving an incorrect value.

For instance, my lambda on my whipple 12 in sct is .79-.80, or around 11.232:1 on e10. I also have an aftermarket stand alone wideband in the car, scaled for 14.64:1, which displays around 11.8 during the same full throttle pull. Lambda is the way to go, it should remain constant regardless of fuel mixture.

I have an aeroforce as well, I don't use it for A/F, but I remember scrolling through lambda at one point through the gauge setup.

This is dead on, take your readings in Lambda.

TW1NTRB0

forum member
Reaction score
Aeroforce platform 4 is calibrated at 14.07 stoich for E10. You should be able to see it by using equivalency ratio on Bank 1/Bank 2. That should display what your widebands are reading without any conversion.

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, so I ran it and checked it on my SCT livelink. It looks good I think, Lambda read between .74 and .78 pretty much through the power band, but did get to .82 at 7200-7500, and jumped to .83for a split second, but it looks like that is when I let off the gas. I made the pull with race fuel, just for added safety. I'll try to post the graph if anybody can diagnose it for me.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back