#AM2014: 2,600 Mustangs, 10,000+ People, Chip Foose, Vaughn Gittin, Project MMD!

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
Why was his pick so bad? What was it?

It wasn't so much that the pick was a bad one but it was the same car he picked last year. You could tell he put no effort into picking a car. There were plenty of really awesome cars there. The crowd was silent when he announced his pick. If your not going to put the effort in to make a real pick than just don't make one.

crazyhorse

Reaction score
The whole food situation sucked. I spent over an hour in line and missed the rev competition. Then when I finally got to the window took another 10 minutes for my food to be served. Hope next year they have more food vendors around the show. Would be nice to see pictures of the cars that won awards. And I agree with Vaughn picking the same car back to back. I saw plenty of award winning mustangs there.

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
The food problem was 2 hours in line to be told there isn't any food left.. 2. Water wasn't being sold anywhere until around 12 at one spot other than the food stand. 3. Am told maple Grove to not sell beer either lol.. wtf!!! And the closest food or beverage place to maple Grove was over an hour round trip....

I'm not trying to make excuses for AM; but this was the first year at this venue. They had way more people and Mustangs then at the past venue. It just grew too much too quickly and they did a poor job of anticipating. Hopefully, they observed the clusterfvck and make adjustments next year. I ate early, so I did not wait in line, but I agree the food was not great. At the past venue, they had local specialty caterers and the food was awesome. Hopefully, Maple Grove allows them to do that for future shows. Food problems aside, it is still my favorite show next to Carlisle.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
It wasn't so much that the pick was a bad one but it was the same car he picked last year. You could tell he put no effort into picking a car. There were plenty of really awesome cars there. The crowd was silent when he announced his pick. If your not going to put the effort in to make a real pick than just don't make one.
Wow, that was beyond dumb. AM should have told him that wasn't going to fly...you can't pick the same shit two years in a row. The cars owner must have been like WTF...

SGTguy

forum member
Reaction score
The show was better at Delco, it's getting to big. The awards were a joke, handful for 2600 cars, they should stop that too or do top 50 or 100 cars and be done. Good think it didn't rain all last week, that field would have been one big mud hole. Is it me did the dyno run all day last year ? And stop muffle rapping, car sounded better as they came in and exited. They my need a two day event if it get any bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The01Cav

forum member
Reaction score
Either way I had a good time for a great cause regardless. I know I'll be back next year, just maybe take a small grill with me to cook up some food. The awards didn't bother me too much as I knew my car wouldn't even be close to placing. This year was my first time attending the American muscle show.

swedensky

forum member
Reaction score
I think it's fine he picked the same car both years. Rob (the owner) brings something new to the table every other month or so, and still outshines most in creativity and mods. I see his car every day on IG and it's still one of, if not my favorite s197s. Call it a bandwagon or whatever but his car is SICK and until someone one-ups him, he deserves it. IMO!

The01Cav

forum member
Reaction score
I'm about mid way on the right side in front of 2 token trees.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Mine has the red roof.

The car next to the black one was Vaughn's choice.

Attachments

• Untitled4.jpg
    Untitled4.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 28

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
It's plasti dip. The show was the first time I have seen a whole car done in plasti dip. It looks fine from a distance but they all look like crinkle coat when you get up close. I don't like that look. To each his own I guess.

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone has a pic of the selected car?

DSC002751024x680_zpsec8c5d6e.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back