Antena Removal HELP

Geos05GTvert

forum member
Reaction score
I screwed up my front fender and I'm in the process of replacing it as we speak. This part is going great I've got it all out accept for the antena. I cant figure out how to take this off HELP PLEASE.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I assume he meant the base since he is swapping fenders...

There are 3 screws under the plastic cap - here's the manual section for that...

You guys are just plain mean:trout: Unless of course he meant the antenna itself in which case the above ribbing is called for:kinky:

Attachments

• antenna_base.pdf
    132.6 KB · Views: 17

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice way to piss off the n00bs. If anyone lives near cekim, please tell him we were only joking.
So was I - I debating posting a link to that thread myself... Though I would have included the pdf as well answering the real question because I am just not as mean as you mean meanies... :poke:

ok, the stella dig was mean, but you interrupted a discussion of Porsches which seems almost inexcusable but for its place on a mustang forum (minor detail)...

Unlike Corvettes (because its a chevy) I think we can all appreciate Porsches without wishing we owned one...

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So was I - I debating posting a link to that thread myself... Though I would have included the pdf as well answering the real question because I am just not as mean as you mean meanies... :poke:

ok, the stella dig was mean, but you interrupted a discussion of Porsches which seems almost inexcusable but for its place on a mustang forum (minor detail)...

Unlike Corvettes (because its a chevy) I think we can all appreciate Porsches without wishing we owned one...

It was a joke. (or was it?) Only the popcorn knows for sure...

Geos05GTvert

forum member
Reaction score
Knowing don_w AKA "Meanie" it was a joke or at least I hope it was. The fact that I was replacing the fender would mean I would have to remove the entire thing including the base smart ass's. The cap was a pain in the arse to get off. Cheap plastic crap, yes I cracked it trying to get it off. The new fender doesnt have the pressed fittings to screw the three screws into the bottom section of the antena. That sucks. I'm assuming it's a common part. I'll let my body shop deal with that.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Knowing don_w AKA "Meanie" it was a joke or at least I hope it was. The fact that I was replacing the fender would mean I would have to remove the entire thing including the base smart ass's. The cap was a pain in the arse to get off. Cheap plastic crap, yes I cracked it trying to get it off. The new fender doesnt have the pressed fittings to screw the three screws into the bottom section of the antena. That sucks. I'm assuming it's a common part. I'll let my body shop deal with that.
Shave it now! Stop the body shop don't put that god forsaken thing back in...

NOOOOOOOOOO! (dives for drill in body guy's hand)
"Get Down!" -- the Governator

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i agree fill the hole and go antennaless looks far sexier

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back