Anyone else having auto up problems?

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
So it just started this morning on my way to work. When I hit the auto up on the drivers side, it will go almost all the way up, and then go back down. Works fine on the passenger, its only doing it on the drivers side. When I hold the button, it goes up, and only does it when I click the auto up? Any ideas? I know its not the battery. haha

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
If you check your owner's manual, there's a step-by-step instruction on how to reset the limit points for the window. If I could remember how to do it offhand, I'd post it, but it's not hard, and should be the first troubleshooting point anyway. HTH!

gloryboy

Reaction score
I had the same problem a while back and this worked for me.

"Restoring the Express up functionality"
Under low battery power conditions, Express Up only functionality may be lost. To reset this function after restoring full battery power, pull the switch to the Express Up position, hold the switch until the glass reaches the stall position and continue to hold for 2 seconds. Push the window switch DOWN and operate the window to the full down position. Express UP will now be functional. Perform Express UP re-calibration with door closed only. Calibrating with door open will cause the window to continuously bounce back."....

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you very much! Maybe the battery is starting to take a dump on me then. I havent noticed any other signs of the battery going, but you never know.

jaeusmc

Reaction score
This happened to me a while back. The problem lasted a month and then fixed itself.

DoctorQ

Reaction score
+2... exact same thing happened to me. The window reset procedure seemed to solve it.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've had to re-set mine more than a few times recently. With 60k miles on the clock I think the battery is ready to be replaced.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome....thanks for the help guys! I just went and reset it on my lunch and were back in business.

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So it just started this morning on my way to work. When I hit the auto up on the drivers side, it will go almost all the way up, and then go back down. Works fine on the passenger, its only doing it on the drivers side. When I hold the button, it goes up, and only does it when I click the auto up? Any ideas? I know its not the battery. haha

It might be jamming. A safety feature of these newer windows is that it reverses if it feels resistance. That's so if a kid has his neck out the window it won't choke him/her.

Some lube along the window channels may help.

Hope this helps.

Mike

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had this problem as well when the battery started to go. New battery and problem solved.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
bullshit!!!!!!!!!

It might be jamming. A safety feature of these newer windows is that it reverses if it feels resistance. That's so if a kid has his neck out the window it won't choke him/her.

Some lube along the window channels may help.

Hope this helps.

Mike

My Wife was reaching in to get her purse and I hadn't noticed it, damn near broke her freakin arm, took her to emerg. room to be sure and the Dr. said it was a good thing that it didn't have anymore force or it would have broken her arm............but then again she's a big wussy

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back