Anyone have experience with Eibach Coil Overs?

Bizzyb0nes

forum member
Reaction score
Tirerack.com has Eibach Pro Street coil overs for $1122 + shipping and they are aggressive street/track use. Anyone have experience with these? ANyone know if they come with strut mounts? Any info I could get would be great...Im kind of half tempted to buy the Pro System Plus kit (Pro Kit, Pro Dampeners, Sway Bars) as Im not one for adjusting things...i'd rather leave it to an engineer

Reaction score
Tirerack.com has Eibach Pro Street coil overs for $1122 + shipping and they are aggressive street/track use. Anyone have experience with these? ANyone know if they come with strut mounts? Any info I could get would be great...Im kind of half tempted to buy the Pro System Plus kit (Pro Kit, Pro Dampeners, Sway Bars) as Im not one for adjusting things...i'd rather leave it to an engineer

I was tempted to buy those coilovers myself and ended up with the pro system plus for the exact reasons you listed. I just wanted to learn how to drive and not worry about adjustments. It's an excellent kit. My only problem was I had a defective shock that ripped apart on me during a timed event and tore up my tire. See http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20711 I got my replacement in, but it took a month to get one since they were on back order. I'm not saying your experience will be the same, but I'm just giving you my story.

The best suggestion that everyone will probably say, is if you have the money, go for coilovers, because this shit is addictive as crack. And one you learn how to drive, you will be kicking yourself for not spending your money more wisely. I personally doubt that the eibach kit comes with upper strut mounts for that price. If you add the price of that kit plus a set of good caster/camber plates, you are in the price rance for a ground control kit that comes with CC plates/upper strut mount.

If you still rather just choose to have a conventional setup, then I'd suggest Koni sport/yellow shocks and eibach springs. That's it. That will will put you in the price range of the Pro-system plus kit. (you are trading sway bars for better shocks) I had the eibach front bar in, and I really didn't feel any difference over the stocker. I never even installed my rear bar and even put my stock front bar back in. (classing contraints) So you'll be just fine without them.

Last edited:

Bizzyb0nes

forum member
Reaction score
Ok Asshole lol...thanks for the good info...I have springs right now which have a decently aggressive spring rate to them...I just feel the ass end is about 1/4 or 1/2 inch to high sometimes...but SteedaSteve told me they were more aggressive then Steeda Sports, so if thats the case, prettiness vs. function, maybe just a nice set of Koni's will work just fine...and maybe to level it off, I need to get some weight off the front end lol. I wish there was an easy way to keep the back end to sit just a tad lower. Im wondering if these 10k mile '09 strut mounts can take one more reassembly without falling apart when I put shocks in. I dont need any kind of overly aggressive alignment, and I have BMR camber bolts.

Are the Koni's that better riding/handling over the tokicos? Atleast if I go adjustable, I can get different springs later and match the struts to the springs

Reaction score
From what I hear, the konis are the way to go. I don't have any personal experience with the two. but I've read of people here that have had both and they ultimately said konis were better. They better be for that price.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back