Anyone heard of these yet? Koni STR.T?

DKO

Shut up and die!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I guess they're pronounced 'street' and they're a new non-adjustable made by Koni. The price is very fair on them, roughly $400 shipped for all four seems to be the going rate from what I've seen so far. Some places will probably have them for even less as an introductory rate.

From what I've gathered on what I've researched they're basically a dampner designed for each individual application. For example, no one size fits all settings but made to fit each different application.

Koni has had a great reputation for quite a while, thought maybe you guys would be interested in seeing this.

http://www.koni.com/54.html

2007 GT/CS

"Oderint Dum Metuant"
Reaction score
I guess they're pronounced 'street' and they're a new non-adjustable made by Koni. The price is very fair on them, roughly $400 shipped for all four seems to be the going rate from what I've seen so far. Some places will probably have them for even less as an introductory rate.

From what I've gathered on what I've researched they're basically a dampner designed for each individual application. For example, no one size fits all settings but made to fit each different application.

Koni has had a great reputation for quite a while, thought maybe you guys would be interested in seeing this.

http://www.koni.com/54.html

That's probably a great way to go if you don't have other suspension mods. If you do, then you would probably benefit from an adjustable damper. Regardless, I'll bet they are significantly better than the stockers.

When I bought my Koni Sports ('yellows') I think I paid about $580 for the set. Now that same place (and everyone else it seems) has them for over $700 :doggy: I like Koni but at that price I might look at alternatives.

DKO

Shut up and die!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's probably a great way to go if you don't have other suspension mods. If you do, then you would probably benefit from an adjustable damper. Regardless, I'll bet they are significantly better than the stockers.

When I bought my Koni Sports ('yellows') I think I paid about $580 for the set. Now that same place (and everyone else it seems) has them for over $700 :doggy: I like Koni but at that price I might look at alternatives.

You'll be disappointed in the durability of everything else. I've got a friend who bought a 2001 Integra Type-R new. At about 100 miles he swapped out his factory dampers for Koni yellows. The car now has 130k miles and over 100 track days and autocross events on it. He just recently sent them back to Koni to be rebuilt (revalved, whatever) as a precautionary measure, not because he was having issues.

That alone has convinced me that Konis are the way to go. You'll never see that kind of durability from a Tokico.

2007 GT/CS

"Oderint Dum Metuant"
Reaction score
That alone has convinced me that Konis are the way to go. You'll never see that kind of durability from a Tokico.

Would not even consider a Tokico :piss:

My thought was that in the price range looking at Bilsteins becomes an alternative. Less than a grand more starts to get into the adjustable coilover set up range as well.

Rodeoflyer

forum member
Reaction score
Tokico's are crap. Always have been. The only reason they sold so many for the S197 is because they were the only adjustable on the market for a long time.

If you don't need or want adjustability, Bilsteins are the way to go.

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I looked all around before buying shocks for my car. www.tein.com the flex kit. in my mind the best kit for the money .

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back