Auto/shifter with trans on the two step

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am leaning towards a Lentech 4R70W(removing my manual gear box).I would like input on my ideirs.I would like to have a trans break button,so as i am leaving on a MSD 2 step setup,i may even put a air shift for 1st to 2nd as well.Is anybody doing this,if so how is it & what shifter & other items have you incorporated??Will the stock bottom end hold up on the two step?? I am running a KB blower with 10 psi as well.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am leaning towards a Lentech 4R70W(removing my manual gear box).I would like input on my ideirs.I would like to have a trans break button,so as i am leaving on a MSD 2 step setup,i may even put a air shift for 1st to 2nd as well.Is anybody doing this,if so how is it & what shifter & other items have you incorporated??Will the stock bottom end hold up on the two step?? I am running a KB blower with 10 psi as well.

My trans will be here Monday. I should have it in by Tuesday. I have the street terminator plus with transbrake. So far Im not goin to use a 2step cause I heard of problems with having too much stress on the Crank.
Ill give more details next week after I get the car back.

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Trans swap

I was warned about the stress it would put on the bottom as well,but no one has explained why.Is it not just like our high side rev limiter?? I need a scientific explanation as to what the stress is & why.Oh what shifter are you using?? Is the trans brake just gonna load against the engine for now??

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back