Back in a Mustang...again! Comp orange Boss 302 build!

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
After selling my Z06 a month or two ago, I didn't plan on buying another sports car for a while in order to fund a house. After things didn't work out with my now ex-lady, I made an impulse buy and picked up a 2012 Competition Orange Boss 302. Found it locally at a Ford dealer and said fuck it. I needed something to clear my mind after that relationship ended, so here we are with this build thread. I'm sure nobody wants to hear the sad story, so let's turn this into a happy ending :boobies:

2012 Boss 302, competition orange. 18,000 miles on her so far. Planning on ordering some boost within the next few weeks as soon as I decide which kit to go with. Looking for 650-700 WHP or so in a primarily street car, daily driven. I'm leaning towards a procharger, but I'm open to any ideas. I'd love a single turbo as well. Any input is appreciated.

Oh, and if anyone was curious: I absolutely love this car. It's the first Mustang I've ever owned that actually feels like a sports car. It feels much lighter and handles better than my 2012 GT500 did, also IMO it is an all around better car than the Z06 was. Besides, I think it's the best looking Mustang I've ever owned.

Last edited:

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Awesome man! Without a shadow of a doubt go with the JPC single kit. Cant argue with all around performance and driveability of a turbo set up!

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Glad to have you back brother!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while Moonwalking

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Out of all of your choices, I think a procharger would be my last option. If you have the coin then I would suggest you go turbo.

You've had a blower car so switch it up!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride [and single life]!

I know where you are coming from comparing the GT500 to the Boss, they are two major different characters.

I vote Paxton.

hotrod_renegade

Captain Hindsight
Reaction score
Found it locally at a Ford dealer and said fuck it. I needed something to clear my mind after that relationship ended, so here we are with this build thread.

Just you and 3800lbs. of BOSS goodness for company, what a great way to clear your mind. Can't argue with that at all, I probably would have done the same thing. Nice purchase. :thumb2:

Also, I'd go JPC single turbo or Paxton if it was my money. I think either one would get you what you are looking for. Looking forward to the build.

Last edited:

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
What a nice lookin ride. Congrats on moving forward with your life too......nothing feels better than moving onto the next chapter.....good luck man.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I could tell something was up but didn't ask. I should have offered an ear and I'm sorry in didn't.

As for the car? TWIN TURBOS!!!!!

Comp orange Boss + TWIN TURBOS = top of the food chain!!!!!!!!!!!

Grubb

forum member
Reaction score
Wow! The Boss 302 has always been my dream car. Looks Awesome!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Congrats! I'd go with the JPC single myself. Not sure if you saw the wicked boss they built with the twin qtp cutouts feeding the boss side dumps......nasty style! I'd speak with Eric on here about plans before you decide on anything. They can set you up with SC or their turbo kit. They have whatever option you want.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back