Backup camera

daveknight

Reaction score
We just bought a 2011 GT/CS with sync 1 Nav, my wife would like to keep it as stock as possible but want to add a back up Cam... Does anyone know if sync 1 support aftermarket backup cam? Guy at bestbuy was all over the place talking about I need an aftermarket radio then told me I could go to Ford to get a code?

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
I can't believe it. I'm taking part in a technical conversation. I have a 2012 GT 5.0 convertible. When I bought the car it had the sync system. The car had the parking assist system that will beep as you get close to an object but no camera. If, your wife wishes to keep the car stock, you could plug an Iphone compatible back up cameras. As I recall they are wireless. This would leave your interior stock.

Like you I wanted a backup camera and I wanted a navigation/ phone system. I wanted to be able to see my navigation system rather than listening to a system talk me through the directions.

If you buy a visual system and accompanying instrumentation. DON'T get anything without knobs. The visual systems are distracting as you're driving down the road.

I hope this is some help.

new GPS #4.jpg

new GPS #3.jpg

new GPS system.jpg

New GPS system 2.jpg

vxr500

forum member
Reaction score
Those wireless iPhone cameras are garbage. I tried that route. Bad signals, huge delay, you have to turn it on each time and wait. If you have the Sync 1 with the factory NAV screen, then check out a company called Naviks. Since the NAV is already designed for a back-up camera, they make an adapter. If you just have Sync, then I would get the rearview mirror one from various sites. This way your car will remain stock looking and you can have a camera that turns on when you put it in reverse.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back