Bad night.....

05armygt

Just Works Here
Reaction score
I posted this in the WTB section as well.....so basically my night sucked hard...... I was cruising down the freeway in the far left lane....and some chick cut me off (trying to dodge unknown object in road) well she failed miserably at dodging it...and launched it back at me at high speed.... Oddly enough it completely missed the bumper, it went straight into the opening, and NAILED my stock heat exchanger....... Breaking the mounting tabs somehow?!? And knocking it loose to where this thing is scraping concrete for me at 70mph.... I got off the freeway as fast I could but the damage was already done. It still holds pressure and works but it's pretty destroyed and not sure if it will work much longer as I'm sure the internals will burst soon...

Sooooooo, needless to say I'm looking for an AFCO H/E without the fans....if any of you guys have one or know someone please please turn them my way....desperate to fix this soon.

05armygt

Just Works Here
Reaction score
man your telling me, I have no clue how it held up...or even held on!!! someone was looking out for me....

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
I know that feeling all too well. Luckily it happened the day AFTER I took my turbo kit off. Took out my CDC Aggressive Chin, bottom half of my bumper, A/C condenser, radiator and fan.

05armygt

Just Works Here
Reaction score
yeah, couldve been a lot worse. ill be pulling everything off tonight to examine everything and make 100% sure it was just the heat exchanger.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
I believe my customer has a C&R HE w no fans. No idea what he wants, and of course he's out of country. I can ask when he gets back if u want

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Check the SVT forum too - I've seen a few for sale. If you really get in a bind, I have a stock GT500 heat exchanger you can use until you find something. I'm in Houston.

05armygt

Just Works Here
Reaction score
So after a few calls I got with my contact at stage 3 motorsports and am getting a brand new gt500 h/e at my house tomorrow for right at 400. Thank you guys for the help and offering to give me your spare h/e!
Everyone have a great Wednesday

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back