Blacked out my badges.

Higgy

forum member
Reaction score
Used the dreaded plasti dip!! This stuff is amazing for doing badges. Still debating if I want to peel the plasti dip off the center part of the faux gas cap.

Blacked out chrome faux gas cap on the trunk.

DSCF3107_zps055d95e7.jpg

DSCF3108_zpsa3fa5c28.jpg

Blacked out the chrome pony on the front grill.

DSCF3109_zps047f13d7.jpg

DSCF3110_zpsba964dfc.jpg

Higgy

forum member
Reaction score
Just the basics for now. Intake,axle backs, X pipe, wheels and a drop. Some other cosmetic things like tinting the side markers, 3rd brake light and the windows.A more agressive splitter up front also. I'm thinking the Roush or RTR.

Most of this stuff will be slowly done over the next little while. Few things around the house need to get done first that will tie up most of my funds.

Thanks for the compliment!

Last edited:

Higgy

forum member
Reaction score
Its on the list of things to do. Just got to find a day when I can spend a few hours to mask it all off properly.

...unless there is an easy way to get the grill off with out pulling the whole bumper cover off?

DWalker

forum member
Reaction score
Its on the list of things to do. Just got to find a day when I can spend a few hours to mask it all off properly.

...unless there is an easy way to get the grill off with out pulling the whole bumper cover off?

On the GTs, you can just grab the grille and give it a quick tug and it'll pop right out. I don't see why the v6 grille would be any different...

spaz2203

forum member
Reaction score
On the GTs, you can just grab the grille and give it a quick tug and it'll pop right out. I don't see why the v6 grille would be any different...

The '12 V6's are like that also

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Higgy

forum member
Reaction score
I say black out the chrome trim on the grille and something looks odd with the rear cap.

I'm still debating wether or not to pull the plasti dip off the center section of the
faux gas cap leaving just the chrome ring blacked out. That might be what is throwing it off for you?

That or maybe its the matte look against the gloss deck lid? I dunno....

12GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
That's what I did to mine. Sprayed it all and then pulled it off the black center part. Gives a nice contrast but that part is black in mine. Just be careful or it'll pull off the horse too

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back