Way to get best results from forum

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Edit* couldn’t edit title but deleted the trash comments for shorter tech….

I’m currently deleting my EVAP canister/valve crap. While pulling out the fuel line and EVAP line I get to the back of the car and see a hose going from the pass side of the tank (tank is dropped btw) back the the canister location, so I start asking myself…

1. Do I just cap that part of the tank off?
2. Does that also act like a “vent” that keeps the tank from pressuring while I’m pumping gas (ie the handle doesn’t just keep clicking off while pumping)
3. While putting the pumps in there I learned about the crossover tube inside the tank, by deleting this will that tube be affected?
4. I want to yank every bit of that out, cap the tank there, install and go…but does that EVAP canister setup do functions Im unaware of but can easily fix?

Reasons for deleting: mount fuel pressure reg in EVAP solenoid location, use fuel line and EVAP line routing for new fuel line routing, don’t car about emissions with this car, eliminating future possible issues with EVAP system.

9F658890-D7CA-4523-9151-3A70BB66924B.jpeg

CF9644B7-7014-4CBB-939D-45E8267A6F13.jpeg

973DF0A6-0D92-41DB-B0B2-517C143C0FFE.jpeg

D1AE63DC-33F2-4FE5-82F7-0BD17FB4D139.jpeg

Last edited:

brasil

Reaction score
I had the same idea ... to get rid of the EVAP system . A friend of mine told me, that I have to "fool" the ECM .... because the EVAP system has to be a "closed " system /circle. The charcoal canister has a connection to a sensor that monitors the system. As far as I remember.... this sensor sits somewhere near the intake manifold.
Involved in the EVAP system is also the gas cap.... if the gas cap has issues the system monitors this also. And you will see fault codes...

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
I had the same idea ... to get rid of the EVAP system . A friend of mine told me, that I have to "fool" the ECM .... because the EVAP system has to be a "closed " system /circle. The charcoal canister has a connection to a sensor that monitors the system. As far as I remember.... this sensor sits somewhere near the intake manifold.
Involved in the EVAP system is also the gas cap.... if the gas cap has issues the system monitors this also. And you will see fault codes...
I sent an email to the guy that I’m planning to use for tuning to see what he says….prob should’ve talked to him 1st lol!! Everything I’ve seen on YouTube says it can be deleted, but none of the vids have been mustang specific. Hoping the tuner can turn off all related codes

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Different ecu/platform, but when I put a A9L ecu into my 66 mustang, I "fooled" the EVAP/EGR systems by wiring in resistors. It gave the ecu what it wanted to see on that circuit and no codes were ever thrown because of it. Maybe something to look into?

JC SSP

Reaction score
I would have thought that A9L being pre-1996 which is OBD-II would not throw a code if EVAP/EGR was disconnected?

On all my Fox's I blocked EGR and removed all emission systems with no codes. For off-road use only. ;)

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
It sure could, these are the codes that are associated with EGR/EVAP

31 O,R,C Canister or EGR valve control system
32 O,R,C Canister or EGR valve control system
33 R,C Canister or EGR valve not operating properly
34 O,R,C EVP voltage above closed unit
35 O,R,C EGR pressure feedback, regulator circuit

45 R Thermactor air diverler circuit
46 R Thermactor air bypass circuit

I just did it preventatively when I was swapping the ecu and harness over into my '66. I never had any of the codes listed above, but they're there.

Bigred12

Reaction score
Hi I need help with the abs module configuration, I have the same problem you have before thx in advance Bigred12

brasil

Reaction score
...when I asked this guy here in Germany..he told me that I have to deal with one or two ( unfortunatly don´t remember well.. ). hoses that have to be cut / connected with a "T" ...to "fool" the hose that goes to a sensor in the engine bay... With this " upgrade " EVAP is out of duty... but the monitoring sensor does make "alerts ".
The hoses a located on the rear end ( towards the rear bumper ) at the EVAP Unit.

Back