Bleeding hydraulic clutch on 06 GT...WTF?

ulev1st

Mustang Addict!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Okay..tranny is back in...how the heck do you get the hyd clutch bled on an 06 GT? When I attached the plastic line from the master cyclinder I cracked open the bleeder and let it flow quite a while and got what I thought was all the air out..apparently NOT! Is there any easy way to bleed the hyd clutch?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what bleeder did you crack? there is no cracking of any bleeder to bleed the hydraulic clutch.

You need to get a vacuum gun.
http://www.mityvac.com/pages/products_hvpo.asp

you get a rubber stopper large enough that it can plug the top of the master brake cylinder and punch a small hose in it. Just enough to get the rubber tube from the vacuum gun through and you plug the master cylinder.

using the vacuum gun, you pump to and hold 20 inches of vacuum for 30 seconds and release.

replace the master brake cylinder cap and pump the clutch 10-15 times.

repeat this process at least 3-4 times to ensure you have properly bled the clutch

Redfire

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I did mine I just jacked the left side of the car up and pumped the pedal slowly. I can't say how many pumps it took but after a few minutes I had a good pedal with no air. There are many ways to do it this one seemed the easiest, so I tried it and it worked.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
what bleeder did you crack? there is no cracking of any bleeder to bleed the hydraulic clutch.

You need to get a vacuum gun.
http://www.mityvac.com/pages/products_hvpo.asp

you get a rubber stopper large enough that it can plug the top of the master brake cylinder and punch a small hose in it. Just enough to get the rubber tube from the vacuum gun through and you plug the master cylinder.

using the vacuum gun, you pump to and hold 20 inches of vacuum for 30 seconds and release.

replace the master brake cylinder cap and pump the clutch 10-15 times.

repeat this process at least 3-4 times to ensure you have properly bled the clutch

Damn... that brings back bad memories...

We did it in 2 areas using a kit we got from pepboys.

DSC02538-1.jpg

DSC02524.jpg DSC02525.jpg

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
haha. i did mine just through the master cylinder and have had zero issues so far

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back