cam chain...one tooth off?

busa107

Reaction score
Just wondering if there would be huge driveability issues if you were just one tooth off on the cam chain.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Just wondering if there would be huge driveability issues if you were just one tooth off on the cam chain.

My buddys was a tooth off and it ran fine, but it threw a code within a day or so. I don't remember the code, but it had something to do with cam sensor, or timing or something.

busa107

Reaction score
Sorry guys,
Posted this in the wrong section... should have been the 4.6 tech. I have been wondering about the timing since my cam install. I may just pull it all apart and check....

Fish

forum member
Reaction score
My buddys was a tooth off and it ran fine, but it threw a code within a day or so. I don't remember the code, but it had something to do with cam sensor, or timing or something.

Damn, I thought it would run like crap. I may be a tooth off too. Will a compression test tell me anything.

busa107

Reaction score
I dont think a compression test will let you know.... but I could be wrong. I was told that one tooth is the equivalent to 17 degrees of timing.

Fish

forum member
Reaction score
I dont think a compression test will let you know.... but I could be wrong. I was told that one tooth is the equivalent to 17 degrees of timing.

My mechanic told me if the timing was off one side will be higher than the other. It was the first I ever heard of it, will see.

martino

Reaction score

why in the world would you want to know? i would just fix it right away before it does something else....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back