Changing Colors

Boy

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to a walkthrough/guide of how to have the color of the lights on the radio/ac/console to a different color?

I know i have seen someone on here advertise that they do it for a price but want to check if its something i could do.

Just to further expalin myself, i want to change all those green lights to red

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
Unless you know how to solder really well, I'd recommend letting someone else do it for you. Not saying it's rocket science or it can't be learned just saying the prices are reasonable for the time, quality, and end result. Also, the guy on here has done several. He's less likely to break stuff. Just my opinion.

But, if you insist... youtube.com is your friend. This is one of the BEST soldering vids I've found. I think this is the most important thing so practice, practice, practice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_NU2ruzyc4

Removing the buttons from the center console, steering wheel, and window switches are pretty easy. I had a hard time with the door locks. There are pdfs here to help you out.
Good luck!

Gerardo

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
talk to ronnie, he has a vendor section, i think his usename is mustang3028 or something. he does the conversion in a few days.

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
Satisfied customer right here!

I would say do it in stages if the price is a bit much for you.

Gerardo

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to a walkthrough/guide of how to have the color of the lights on the radio/ac/console to a different color?

I know i have seen someone on here advertise that they do it for a price but want to check if its something i could do.

Just to further expalin myself, i want to change all those green lights to red
i saw a complete how to write up a while back that was fucking awesome but Ive never been able to find it again, The guy gave awesome step by step directions on pulling the all the parts then soldering them but I just cant remember on which forum i saw it. If you can find them let me know. Im thinking it might have been a vendor on here. But if u cant find it i would go with Mustang30212. Ive heard nothing but good news about him.

esworld05

GHR
Reaction score
I looked up on eBay the parts you need and it'll cost around 35-40 dollars for the LEDs, soldering iron and the roll of soldering metal "thingy" so the guy doing them on here is actually giving a good price, I guess just the fact that your parts will be missing for a week is the only downside. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the car is still drivae without those components plugged it? Like the ac controls the info/setup buttons etc?

Boy

forum member
Reaction score
I looked up on eBay the parts you need and it'll cost around 35-40 dollars for the LEDs, soldering iron and the roll of soldering metal "thingy" so the guy doing them on here is actually giving a good price, I guess just the fact that your parts will be missing for a week is the only downside. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the car is still drivae without those components plugged it? Like the ac controls the info/setup buttons etc?

Yeah the car is this drivable with out the parts.
I tried it when i took out my stereo.

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the car is still drivae without those components plugged it? Like the ac controls the info/setup buttons etc?

The only thing that happens is the airbag icon in the gauges will blink a few times after start up and stay on as long as the car is running. That's about it. All other functions work.

Thanks for the link.
Seems like im going to have to save up money and let someone else do it...

The whole affairs seems more manageable if you do it in stages. Besides, you don't want to do it all at once if the car is a daily driver. Imagine being without A/C and you can't roll the windows down. Spending $25, 45, etc... here and there is no biggie as opposed to coming up with $160 in one shot. I'd do the A/C, console, and steering wheel first. Next, the window buttons, door locks, etc... and so on.

If you don't want to do without A/C, you may want to ask Ron if he has a spare A/C contol panel in your color laying around while yours is being done. Just my :2cents:.

Gerardo

Last edited:

Boy

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah that probably whats going to have to happen cause mine is a daily driver.
Ill get to it eventually

Back