Cold running problem. runs good warm

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Okay here goes.
One day I washed the engine bay in my car. (I've done this 1000 times before) I also took the filter off and gave it a special cleaning. (as per someone else who has done this 1000 times instructions) Car ran fine before but after there was a problem. The car has this sort of dirty maf syndrome when it is cold. (I used maf cleaner on the MAF, a lot of it I also got a new air filter) Like low rpm, low throttle and the car kinda bucks like it's running pig rich. But when the car is up to temp it runs like a fucking champ. I tried data logging but my Xcal wont work with my vista laptop fuck. I also changed sparkplugs because I had to anyways. That never did anything. I mean I'm hearing all these bad alternator threads but the car runs good when warm. It is not throwing any codes at all. Fuck I am at a loss. The car ran 100% before and it runs 100% when it is warmed up. but it runs like shit when it is cold. I am not thinking it is a tuning problem.

gtcs07

Im just kinda here
Reaction score
can you get your hands on another maf? sounds like its not working right.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ya I wish I knew someone that had one. I got the BA-5000 or whatever. it's like $200+ I thought it could be that too but still unsure why it gets better when it warms up. Could make sense though.

gtcs07

Im just kinda here
Reaction score
Well i had a maf get a bit of coolant on it and the car would run fine when it was warmed up but when it was cold it would spit and pop and just not run well at all. Replaced it with another stocker I had and reloaded my tune and bam it was gone

07VistaChicago

forum member
Reaction score
Try reloading tune? Mine used to buck when it's cold. Got a Jon Lund tune... all gone...

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
If you're using an Xcal2 you have to run Livelink in the XP version and make sure to run it as an administrator.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back