Columbus/Benning

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
well change of plans for me. instead of lewis im going to benning. are there any descent mustang clubs/groups in the area? any good car hangouts? where is the nearest 1/4 strips at? i wont be there until next august but just trying to get a feel for my new home away from home.

droptop07

forum member
Reaction score
Nearst 1/8th mile is Phenix City AL, right across the river, and nearest 1/4 is Silverdollar raceway. PC is OK for quick trip for some track time, and SDR is a nice track. PC is about 15-25 miles depending where you stay in Cols, and SDR is about 60-75 miles. But is mainly 4 lane highway, and can get there fairly quick.

There is a stang club, and they try to do some things can check them out here http://columbuscitystangz.org Not sure about all the cruise spots, I really dont do that anymore. Every once in awhile I may go out and they usally go to a local Sonic..

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Heck, in a away that's good news and bad news. There are about 6-7 stang clubs in the Lewis area. On the other hand, the weather here is crazy. Summers are very short, rain most of the time. So car shows are from Late May to late Sep and that's it. Fort Benning, not lots of stang clubs in the area, but you are a skip and hop from Destin, Florida and the weather at Benning is mo better.

droptop07

forum member
Reaction score
MADGt is right FLA isnt too far. Can in Panama City in bout 4-5 hours, Orlando in 6-7 hours. Is does get hot June-Aug, and cold usally last from mid Nov-Feb. By cold I mean 40-50's.

Problem here, the town has grown, too fast for its own good. Years ago use to have few cruise spots unit Fast & Furious started the ricer craze. Every place old hot rids use to hang out, imports came in acting crazy and the places started runnign people off and not letting them use their parking lots. Ricers would come in and do burnouts, leave trash all over. Thats about when I got out of hanging out.

We did have a noce car club coupe years ago, Street Machines of Columbus. Bunch of really cool guys. Most of were military guys, and most PCS'd, or ETS'd. And few that werent still try to stay in touch. We use to hang out once a month a different locations and go to track as group. Wasnt a mustang club, but more of a American Musclce car club. Main thing was, car had to be V8 rear wheel drive hot rod, but did make few exceptions, like for SVO's, Grand Nationals, and the other few non V8 hot rods.

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
i would be definitely interested even if it wasnt just a mustang club. i hang out with one (when im not deployed) that is all american as well. just really looking for a good group that is not just all show and has more interest in the go. i dont mind the show though either, im just more interested in the go. is the columbuscitystangz still an active group?

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
You'll enjoy Benning. It is a nice post. They are doing a lot of building there as well. Silver Dollar is a nice track and is worth the drive.

droptop07

forum member
Reaction score
i would be definitely interested even if it wasnt just a mustang club. i hang out with one (when im not deployed) that is all american as well. just really looking for a good group that is not just all show and has more interest in the go. i dont mind the show though either, im just more interested in the go. is the columbuscitystangz still an active group?

There is another car club, but is mainly order cars, and they meet at couple palces around town, every other Tuesdays. There are a few guys in Cols City stangz that are into go, than show, but think most are into show at the moment.

You woulda like Street Machines then,, most of us were into go and show was a plus. We would all hang out and help on working on cars. We had what we called "Mod" parties. Who ever had a mojor mod to their car, we would hang out over there, grill Brauts, drink beeer, work on the car no matter what brand car. This was 4-5 years ago though. Had few low 11 sec, high 10 street sleepers in the club. At the time I had an 86 t-top that ran low 11's and just sold my stroked and blown 93 vert for the 07 vert.. Right now I am more into riding with top down(call it getting older), but wouldnt mind building another hot-rod.

Couple pics..

Stroked and blown 93
IMG_0457.jpg

Stroked and blown 86GT(ran low 11's like you see it)
nice86.jpg

Heres a vid of a 93 vert we had in Street Machines. Vid is from day car was sold. This car ran high 10's in street trim(like iv vid), low 10's in race trim.

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
just joined the columbus city stangz website and that place seems kind of dead. i havent even posted yet. hopefully things will pick up there. i dont report there until july so hopefully sinse it will be summer it will be easier to get into the mustang scene with others that are out there.

droptop07

forum member
Reaction score
just joined the columbus city stangz website and that place seems kind of dead. i havent even posted yet. hopefully things will pick up there. i dont report there until july so hopefully sinse it will be summer it will be easier to get into the mustang scene with others that are out there.

Yea they are little slow.. Im post over there ocasinally, but not part of the club. Couple of the members do liek to hang out at the local spots,, last I heard. Another person to hit up on this site is mustang30212 , Ronnie. He is in Columbus also and knows a few people in town.

KcMstang

forum member
Reaction score
I'm the webmaster over at CCS. We have more associated with the club than the website shows. Not many are the interwebz type so they just stick to showing up for events. The website should pick up come Spring when the weather warms up cause the events will start popping up every weekend. I'm heading down to Pensacola, Fl for Gulf Coast Regional Event in March and then to Stone Mountain, Ga for S.I.T.H. 4.0 in May. Locally we hang around a local Sonic Friday/Saturday nights just talking cars. We do have a cruise night the 1st and 3rd Friday of every month where we meet and usually cruise to a destination for some grub.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back