Bent Clutch Pedal + clutch/brake issues ‘12 GT

ThatOneS197UKnow

Reaction score
A6420E24-950B-416E-BA4D-9BFFDB74DE88.jpeg I just recently purchased a 2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium, it has come with a multitude of issues.
One of which being the clutch pedal being crooked to the left, which I believe could be causing the issues i will now state.
jVhpk3F

Whenever I shift at high RPM’s, the clutch pedal will stick to the floor, and i will be unable to go into any gears until i lift the pedal off the floor and push it down again. That or it takes an extra 3 seconds to shift.
Cruising around its perfectly fine and normal, except for when the clutch pedal kinda gets hung up when its -almost- at rest, then it will go back into position.
Another issue I’m having is grinding it 4th above 4.5k (gets lower on cold drives) I have to wait to shift or it will grind.
If Im doing donuts or anything high rpm, my clutch will stick half way down AS WELL AS not have full braking ability. It will feel like theres no pressure and i wont be able to stop quickly.
And then there’s other issues such as my differential not acting like a LSD all the time (worn clutch packs?) and my AC vents clicking upon start up or when I change to certain vents among other things.
BpyGK1q
24FB5884-6B7D-4C1B-9C85-214710FC354B.jpeg

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
You have a worn out clutch. Keep driving forcing the shift and you will have a worn out transmission. (If not already damaged)

The pedal was probably overstresses by the worn out clutch. The clutch/brake pedal assembly is attached to a PLASTIC frame, which more than likley is cracked now. I just had mine out to do the clutch master and could not believe my eyes. Plastic shit.

ThatOneS197UKnow

Reaction score
So new clutch, got it
Does this mean i should drop $400 on a new pedal assembly? (Quoted from parts department, i work at a dealership)

Will my clutch master need replacing since the pedal is so far off center, too?

my braking issues also caused by the worn out clutch? I know they’re connected at the reservoir but would high rpms have that much effect on my brakes ? Last time i went to a show i tried to stop, slammed on the brakes and the car kept moving forward.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Pull the pedal assembly and check it. There are bushings that maybe gone.
Its not that hard to remove the pedals.
Remove driver seat.
Disconnect clutch line under hood, have rags or paper towels as it will leak brake fluid.
Under dash: unplug the switches.
Remove clip on brake pedal that attaches the master cylinder rod.
Remove the 6 bolts holding the frame to the dash/firewall.
Remove 4 nuts holding the brake booster.
You should now be able to remove the two pedals and braket.
This is from memory.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
And, if you want it to last, quit driving like a teenager. ;) :D

Seriously - get everything pulled & fix what's jacked (per advised).

ThatOneS197UKnow

Reaction score
Thats just how the car came lmao, 87k miles and has a BAMA tune plaque in the glovebox, contacted them and they told me it used to have all kinds of upgrades (all stock when i purchased) so it explains why everything is f***ed on it lol now it’s on me to fix and upgrade so it can handle my driving habits ;)

ThatOneS197UKnow

Reaction score
EFFC048E-63D9-4AF5-87BD-E1B555B5DC0C.jpeg 7277C3E5-7813-4EE0-BD77-E51C2CA2FF97.jpeg 5A394D3D-B9A2-454C-AE36-C7F9687F7CFE.jpeg Update: Clutch Pedal Bracket being cracked and bent is what was causing all my issues.
I was driving home and ran over a f**kin tire iron, got out and removed it from the street and when i returned to my car the pedal went straight to the floor. The eyelet for the clutch master cylinder that connects to the pedal was cracked (plastic smh) and I had to ghost shift it all the way home. Friend at work helped me get a new pedal assembly the day before (knew this would happen) and installed it the next day over the course of 45 mins.
since then ive been able to shift at high RPM’s with no issues except my 4th gear grinding which has been a problem since day one. Thankfully i didnt have to do a whole clutch replacement just the pedal bracket.

ThatOneS197UKnow

Reaction score
I am curious… are GT500 pedal assembly the same as the 5.0 GT?
You’re gonna have to vin check because I’m not entirely sure. Theres a few different pedal assemblies you can get and are not interchangeable to my knowledge. The part numbers that work for mine are BR3Z-2455-V, BR3Z-2455-D. Forgot the part number I replaced it with tho think it was “-Z”

ThatOneS197UKnow

Reaction score
Think my 4th synchro is just messed up since its only 4th. Might be tranny oil cuz when its cold the rpm limit for no grind is 4k and when its warm ive been able to shift at 7k with no grind occasionally. Its consistent that the colder temps lower the rpm limit for no-grind tho. Got some new tranny fluid ima get put in next week and see if it makes a difference. If it doesn’t work ill look at other options to fix it

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back