Exhaust & Tune

Stang613

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I ordered a JLT Intake & Tune for my 07 Stang a short while ago, and I haven't installed it, but I have a question.

I bought my car used, and it might actually have an aftermarket exhaust, I don't have any reason to believe it's not-catted, but in any case.. I don't know what kind of exhaust it is, but I would like to know, would that completely mess up the tune I have preloaded (just an JLT Tune)

Thanks,
Geoff:oops:

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Geoff,

If you have cats, the tune that we sent out should be fine. If it turns out that it is actually an off-road setup, give us a shout back. We'll adjust it for not having catalytic converters and you'll be all set!

Any questions, just give us a shout at the Bama Direct number/hours in my signature!

Chris

Stang613

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Chris, runs like a champ! I'm just running the 87 Street tune for now. I'm looking forward to checking out the 89 Performance tune soon! It sounds incredible when you put your foot into it. wow!

martinr69

Reaction score
hey go with the 93 tune. That's what I am running and totally love it... just an idea

Stang613

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Martin, unfortunately I don't have access to many 93 stations around here. We have 91 & 94; 94 being far and few between. I'll def. try the 91 race tune. Is it night and day with the 87 street tune?

martinr69

Reaction score
don't really know I went from stock to 93 octane race tune. But I heard you can tell since my buddy drove mine and he has the 87 tune.. Where do you live? because i am moving in a month to michigan and dont want to change tunes lol

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Anywhere east of the Texas area seems to have 93 octane. The Western half of the coutnry is 91 octane in most areas. Michigan has 93, for sure. I filled up with 93 octane in the D many times.

Baz

Reaction score
I run the 89 Performance, really like it, first used the 87 street when I got my FRPP CAI from AM and I felt a difference so I'm sure going 93 race you'll see even more then I did. I would love to try the 93 Race unfortunately living in NYC that one hits the wallet hard, especially since most places get away charging extra 10 or 15 cents a gallon if you want to put it on your card :/ Just wondering when you are switching grades any particular way you do it, like before i swap the tune I would run the tank to near empty and fill up with the higher octane twice before loading in the new higher tune.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back