Finned diff cover

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Do you still offer the finned diff cover that came on the Boss mustangs? I am on the site, and not seeing it as an option to buy currently.

Thanks!

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yes sir. Your link showed me maybe I should have been looking in the gt500 section and not boss 302 section. Is the one in the link below the same finned unit as the one you linked? My girlfriend is wanting Christmas ideas for me and this seemed like a fitting idea.

http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/must...e-cat/differential-scat/?part_name=axle-cover

Same basic cover but that's just the cover, the FRPP kit includes hardware (crazy expensive from Ford) and I believe it includes a gasket as well.

-Steve

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
Same basic cover but that's just the cover, the FRPP kit includes hardware (crazy expensive from Ford)...
Steve:

To be clear, do you mean only the bolded below when you say "hardware?"

Cover machined for differential cooler pickup and return fittings. 1/2 -14 NPSF dryseal straight pipe threads.
Pipe plugs installed, must be removed to install differential cooler fittings
Includes 10 hex-head bolts with anaerobic yellow thread locking compound.
Includes 7/16-20 UNF vent plug when used in applications with alternative vent provisions.
Cover machined for temp sensor with M10 X 1.6-6h threads
Because I'm pretty sure I can get some pretty bangin hardware from McMaster for the price difference. :)

... and I believe it includes a gasket as well.
Is it not a liquid gasket? It was when I installed M-4033-KA on my 2007. And I have 3 flavors of RTV already sitting in the garage. :)

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Ford doesn't use gaskets from the factory but FRPP usually includes an actual gasket with their diff covers.

As for the hardware, yeah that's pretty much it. If you don't mind aftermarket hardware then go for the other one. :)

-Steve

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back