?? for mustang GT AND gt500 CO-owners

doc stang

forum member
Reaction score
or at least those who have had (more than just a little) experience driving both.

how would you characterize the handling between the two?
to what degree?,
and why?

(again, this is comparing ONLY withIN the s-197 platform (05+).

if possible, please compare stock suspension vs stock,
and modded (if any) suspension vs stock (either direction)
and finally modded vs modded suspension (if possible).

i am finally, very happy with my suspension, which is probably better than a STOCK GT-500's
i am trying to get a feel for where stock vs stock, and modded vs modded suspension's fall out, (beacuse of the extra front end weight, etc)

the car would be dual purpose drags, and road-course worthy. and therefore set up with some adjustability.
i think i finally have a line on a GREAT deal on a new '07 GT-500, and want to see if i am starting out on too wrong a foot, with regards to handling/weight issues.

i want the car to be a Z-06 killer (not just stock Z-06's, either) and if the weight is THAT big a deal, i can forego the "prestige" of owning the GT-500 for its namesake, etc.

it would obviously me a VERY modded car (either gt OR gt500), and if i went the GT route, it would be stroked, to regain some of the c.i.d. i would be leaving on the table, and maybe even wet-sleaved/bored (for about 5.2 liters, total.

obviously less weight is better, but how much a difference in performance / handling are we talking?
yes, i know 100 lbs is worth about 1/10th second in the quarter mile. (at least near the slower end of the scale).

thanks;
terminally indecisive,
doc

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back