Going to get an estimate

Jet45

Stang Noob
Reaction score
I'm taking the steed to get an estimate today for paint correction. I'm not expecting miracles, as there is quite a bit of road rash on the front fascia, but I expect that 90% of the car should be fixable without too much trouble.

The guy asked me some detailed questions regarding how/where/when I wash, parking arrangements, etc. Since the car is kept outdoors, he recommended a coating. I understand that coatings are expensive, but more substantial and longer lasting than polish, definitely better than just waxing, and would help protect the car better if left outside, even if under a cover.

The coatings the guy offers are CQuartz UK edition, Optimum Gloss-Coat, and 22ple Pro Glass Coating. My question for everyone is which one of these would you recommend? Is a coating worth it? Has anyone had this done and what are your experiences with it?

BTW, owning a black car is an exercise in frustration and lunacy, but nothing is sexier than a shiny black car! :imo:

Thanks in advance!

28ONE

Reaction score
I'm taking the steed to get an estimate today for paint correction. I'm not expecting miracles, as there is quite a bit of road rash on the front fascia, but I expect that 90% of the car should be fixable without too much trouble.

The guy asked me some detailed questions regarding how/where/when I wash, parking arrangements, etc. Since the car is kept outdoors, he recommended a coating. I understand that coatings are expensive, but more substantial and longer lasting than polish, definitely better than just waxing, and would help protect the car better if left outside, even if under a cover.

The coatings the guy offers are CQuartz UK edition, Optimum Gloss-Coat, and 22ple Pro Glass Coating. My question for everyone is which one of these would you recommend? Is a coating worth it? Has anyone had this done and what are your experiences with it?

BTW, owning a black car is an exercise in frustration and lunacy, but nothing is sexier than a shiny black car! :imo:

Thanks in advance!

I applied UK to mine last year...
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114344

This is Polish Angel Cosmic...

Coatings are the way to go for daily drivers imo. Yes they protect the paint with durability of 18-24 months, you have to think of them as icing on the cake. If your paint is glossy (after paint correction), the coating will enhance the gloss. If you have swirls, you'll definitely see them. Are coatings resistant to swirls? No but they add another level of protection over the clear coat. Swirl prevention is determined by wash method...

Depending whether you need a 1-step (Polish) or 2-step (compound & polish) correction, I'm gonna guess this will be a $700-1000 dollar job including application of the coating. The coatings he listed are for consumers so cost wise, they're not that expensive.

What should be included is the following:

Wash
Chemical Decon (IronX)
Claybar
1 or 2 step correction as needed
Apply coating

If I were to have a pro detailer do all this work, I'd have CQuartz Finest coating installed. But you don't have any CQ Finest installers in CT. All three of the coatings are great, key is proper maintenance and wash technique after installation. Last thing you wanna do is get the coating installed then mess it up by improperly washing it or taking it to one of those swirl o matic car washes...

Hope this helps :buffer:

Last edited:

Jet45

Stang Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight 28ONE. Yes, the man emphasized that proper washing is very important to prevent marring.

BTW, that is one bee-YOO-tiful black stallion you have there! :thumb2:

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
I also agree with a coating is going to be your best option. I also concur with 28ONE on roughly 700-1000. A 2 step paint correction takes alot of time and I mean alot. Those coatings are pretty accessible to anyone who wants them but they are all good options. I personally think UK tops them though. As a whole the car will appear much better but don't expect the road rash to to be gone. Some of the smaller spots can possibly go but some will still show.

Jet45

Stang Noob
Reaction score
Got the quote. 2-step plus coating, $700. You guys were right on the money! And the road rash will not be gone, there's just way too many pits, but I expected that.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back