Great opportunity to pick up a GT500... Yay or nay?

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gents, I have come across an 07 GT500 that's been rotting at a local dealer for 2-3 months now. Guess the 2015's have hit hard and it's made this car available for a long time. Anywho, I will be financing it. Got a damn good deal from Capital One and the payments would be a breeze (God forbid I lose my job).

Finally made it down and test drove it. It's white with red stripes. Interior is black with red trim. Has some bells and whistles. Car is much more beastly than my 05.

Reason I'm debating it is my 05 would then be put up for sale. That would pay off the note on the wife's ride and some small debts. Plus, my car has a decent amount of miles on it. Well taken care of, no issues and is still very strong, just man... It would be getting replaced by a GT500.

Sure, 07 isn't the newest and I'd be financing an 8 year old car. It would also have 130k less miles than my car now... I dunno, I got a damn blank check in hand just don't know if I should pull the trigger...

cbracoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, 130k less miles. How many are on your 3v? And I say if the price is right, go for it. Like the first gen 500's!

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
There's no such thing as a practice round for life. You get one shot at it and when the ride is over you take with you exactly what you had when you started. If it's going to make you happy then go for it.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It is very affordable for our position. My car has 165k miles... Eesh, I know... But for what I can get for it that will squash some debts we don't need. So, I
Leaning towards yes.

The car is gonna run me 30k out the door with taxes title and license. Good deal for what I see most private party sales go for in my area. The loan it's self is very decent. I won't be putting myself in a bind or burden myself. Heck, in two days you may see my new car thread! We will see.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There's no such thing as a practice round for life. You get one shot at it and when the ride is over you take with you exactly what you had when you started. If it's going to make you happy then go for it.

That my friend, pure truth.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
I would if the price is right. A good price for a 07 GT500 (If I remember correctly they had some clutch issue that need to be addressed) in So. Cal is up to $30K. I can find several of that year or slightly newer for about that price. If going dealership be VERY CAREFUL dealing with these small hole in the wall dealerships. To say some have unethical practices i like saying water is wet. here are some to consider as well:
A 2009, same color as the 2007 you are describing: http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/ctd/4834499158.html
A 2007 with the inverse color but typical pricing for Cal: http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/ctd/4833871894.html

Last edited:

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
05gtowner brings up a really good point about the clutch. My clutch went out at 20k miles (daily driver duties only), so you should be prepared to have to replace that if you decide on buying the car. The stock clutches don't last long at all.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Is this thread for real? I do mean that in a nice way mind you... Because to me this is a no brainer. Call it done and post the freaking pics! (Asuming lagit and not some scam or was once under water)

I mean really. Stand back and look at what you are asking. it sounds like the perfect situation. And you are asking?!?!

Here let me help...

BUY IT

If you need me for anything else I will be over here crying in self pitty because I am without a GT500...

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
If I had $30k available to me I'd buy a base S550 or beat a dealership out of a step up from base s550 for whatever $30k would get me in Competition Orange. That's just me.

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score
Make sure they swapped in the 2010 updated clutch to fix the TSB on the warped flywheels. Go for it! worst thing i did was trade in my 08 Gt500. At the end of the year i'm going to pick up another.

AndrewS197

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like you already made up your mind. Lol

Like others have said, do whatever makes you happy!

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is this thread for real? I do mean that in a nice way mind you... Because to me this is a no brainer. Call it done and post the freaking pics! (Asuming lagit and not some scam or was once under water)

I mean really. Stand back and look at what you are asking. it sounds like the perfect situation. And you are asking?!?!

Here let me help...

BUY IT

If you need me for anything else I will be over here crying in self pitty because I am without a GT500...

Haha, completely respect this... Nothing is set in stone yet. Once I am dne doing the full evaluation of the car, I will more than likely pull the trigger.

If I had $30k available to me I'd buy a base S550 or beat a dealership out of a step up from base s550 for whatever $30k would get me in Competition Orange. That's just me.

Believe me Darren I've looked and am still looking. But these n.i.g.g.a.s out here in Cali be cray bruh! They wantz they bread out chea!!!

Sounds like you already made up your mind. Lol

Like others have said, do whatever makes you happy!

Almost made up my mind. Not quite there. But more than likely yeah...lol

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score
Do it and never look back lol! I am thinking of putting up my 14 track pack GT up for sale so i can get back in one.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back