Header gaskets?

rsb5772

Reaction score
Can someone recommend some header gaskets? I was surprised that the Stainless Works headers didn't come with any.

Thanks.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Can someone recommend some header gaskets? I was surprised that the Stainless Works headers didn't come with any.

Thanks.

I haven't removed mine but are the stock gaskets metal? If so, you can reuse them.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
They are indeed metal and I would reuse them as opposed to other gaskets that come with the headers such as the Kooks felt gaskets. I reused mine on my Kooks install and now that I am putting in a new motor I'm re-using them again. Just cleaned them up with some carb cleaner and scotchpad.

Konablue10Gt

forum member
Reaction score
They are indeed metal and I would reuse them as opposed to other gaskets that come with the headers such as the Kooks felt gaskets. I reused mine on my Kooks install and now that I am putting in a new motor I'm re-using them again. Just cleaned them up with some carb cleaner and scotchpad.

I second this. The factory MLS exhaust gaskets are the best ones to use. I do usually lightly hit both sides with some Spray copper for some added insurance.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back