Highest Speed Limit in the U.S.

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Found this video showcasing two of Hennessey's vehicles doing 200+ during the grand opening of Texas 130.

http://jalopnik.com/5954826/watch-texas-test-its-85-mph-highways-cameras-with-a-2205-mph-blast

xlarge.jpg

Last edited:

TexasFive.0

Banned
Reaction score
Someone with an unmodded '13 GT500 needs to head out there and try to hit 200. That would stick a fork in Chevy.

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
It's a great road and you have to love the 85mph speed limit! Not that we haven't already been doing 85+ on the older Toll Road 130 Segment for the past few years anyways.

Now they just need to build an off-shoot that ties you into I-35 around New Braunfels for those of us who head to San Antonio or Corpus Christi pretty regularly.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That road will become the new Mexico lol. I spent a lot of time working on machines while they were building it. There are several spots that are buttery smoothe.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
We need some roads like that here in Ky. I would hate to hit a full grown hog going 85mph though.... Here in Ky. it's the deer you have to watch out for.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
I live a half mile off this road. Most of the time I spend on it is dragging the race trailer at much slower speeds though. Occasionally the Mustang goes out there for shift point checks. Texas troopers don't patrol it, no contract to do so. Still see the county out there some though.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back