Hub Centric Rings

lovecheese

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a little new to rims and everything as this is the first time I have ever bought different rims for my car.

I bought some 19x8.5 x 114.3 rims. Do I need hub centric rings? If so, what size? The company orginally sent me 73.1-70.5 Centering Rings... but I was unable to fit the rim on the car. I am already out some money and don't want to be out even more.

Would I need 71.5-73 mm hub centrics?

Thanks in advance.

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
The stock hubs should use 70.6mm hub centric rings.

Maybe the ones you were sent were a little too small or the wong shape? I can't imagine 0.1mm making that big of a difference.

lovecheese

forum member
Reaction score
I had to almost force the hub ring into the rim and. It seemed ass if the hub ring was just ever so slightly to thick.

I've had to pay for two mounting and balancings because I was stupid and didn't put the rim on the vehicle without a tire to test it out.

Being in Germany, it really sucks buying car parts because I normally have to order from the states.

wesleyk5

forum member
Reaction score
Chris B. is right the hub diameter on the S197 is 70.06. First make sure the rings are the same size as the package says.(rings should be stamped with the size they are) Clean the hubs with a wire brush to remove rust and other debris. apply a small amount of ant-seize to the hubs to prevent rust from reoccuring and to use as a lubricant. Sand the insides of the rings until they fit the hubs. Be patient when sanding and it is crucial to sand evenly so the inside stays round. Test fit often when sanding. A tight ring is better than a loose ring. Good luck!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back