ignition cylinder fell out?

warrior86

ODIN
Reaction score
I went to start my car tonight leaving a restaurant and I noticed the ignition cylinder was a little bit out. I was puzzled but got the car to start just fine. Even if the car is started up that thing can just slide out if I wanted it too with the key still in there... freaky.

Anyone know why it came out or how to fix it?

key.jpg

warrior86

ODIN
Reaction score
Jeff, is the lock pin something that is built into the cylinder? like is the pin replaceable, or do I need a new ignition cylinder... which would mean probably another set of keys and programmed?

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Jeff, is the lock pin something that is built into the cylinder? like is the pin replaceable, or do I need a new ignition cylinder... which would mean probably another set of keys and programmed?

The pin is part of the cylinder itself. If you look at the cylinder you might see part of it. Yes you might need to get reprogrammed with a new key.

warrior86

ODIN
Reaction score
Damn that is gay as hell. And do you think if I buy a new cylinder, it should just slide it, lock in place, once I get the keys programmed? Really dont want to be having FORD do all of this and them charge me like crazy. Or you think that may be the best approach to something like this? Honestly, I havent found hardly any info relating something like this on these s197s.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Damn that is gay as hell. And do you think if I buy a new cylinder, it should just slide it, lock in place, once I get the keys programmed? Really dont want to be having FORD do all of this and them charge me like crazy. Or you think that may be the best approach to something like this? Honestly, I havent found hardly any info relating something like this on these s197s.

Call me in the am and we can discuss.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back