I'm at a loss on this one....help!

Magic_Bryce

Reaction score
Ok, so a little background is i have a 2011 gt with the brembo package and about a week ago i noticed a little noise develop coming from the front passanger side of the vehicle. i thought it sounded more like a squeak, but a buddy of mine i had ride along thought it sounded more like a metal on metal grind. there's lies concern number one, but i now have had something else very strange happen. on the way to my parents house today to borrow some tools for my frpp K spring install i did today, as i pulled out of the gas station i did a little hit in second and ran it up to about 55mph before needing to hit the brakes(lightly i will add and i did shift prior to braking) and as i began to slow down my front end started to wobble, as if the lugs on my wheels had come off and it was making the typical wobbling noise. brakes were not applied anywhere near hard enough to trip the abs and even when i let off them for a split second, my car continued to wobble. i immediately pulled over to inspect and found nothing.....and the problem has yet to repeat itself. my question is.....what could cause my car to do something like that??

techcargt

forum member
Reaction score
Have you checked to make sure that the wheel is not lose ? Any work done to the car lately ?,tires rotated , alignment done , ect. ?

JerryC

Reaction score
Take it to the dealer. There's a TSB for lower control arms, but this sounds more like bad brakes/warped rotor or loose wheel or bad wheel bearings.

If the dealer finds something under warranty, great let them fix it. If it isnt under warranty you can decide how you want to fix it.

strokn88lx

Going Broke
Reaction score
I have some of the same sounds after lowering mine. I always figured mine was from running 17x4's up front. Is the TSB for 11s or is it 12s also??

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Take it to the dealer. There's a TSB for lower control arms, but this sounds more like bad brakes/warped rotor or loose wheel or bad wheel bearings.

If the dealer finds something under warranty, great let them fix it. If it isnt under warranty you can decide how you want to fix it.

+1. I thought Ford had learned their lesson on this from the 90's, apparently not.

Magic_Bryce

Reaction score
warped rotor could be the case actually, i am getting some squeaking as i come to a stop from my front brakes. all these noises came before spring install and didnt really get a chance to drive the car last night after the spring install. im waiting to see what noises still exist before taking it to ford, but ill call and make a mid-week appointment, should have it figured out by then. thanks for the help guys!
car has roughly 6300 miles on it by the way....kind of pissed i already have noise from the brakes.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Did you go through any high water lately? I had a Toyota that would warp the rotors in a heartbeat when they were hot and I'd go through some water. It was very annoying.

I'd definitely be pulling the wheel off and inspecting for anything abnormal. You don't want that wheel leaving the vehicle on you at 70-80 mph on the interstate. lol

JerryC

Reaction score
I have some of the same sounds after lowering mine. I always figured mine was from running 17x4's up front. Is the TSB for 11s or is it 12s also??

Not sure, I think it's buried in the TSB thread that is a sticky you might dig through that thread.

Magic_Bryce

Reaction score
no thud, just a squeak. and that is very odd the abs would trip like that, guess it's good info to know tho. thanks!

JDos1

forum member
Reaction score
Like i said it may be the case then again it may not. I've noticed mine is kinda odd when going over really rough patches in roads. Just keep an eye on it, doesn't sound like anything to really worry about.

drewzx3

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like the control arm tsb. Mine started doing it at the race track one time. Never got mine fixed but it hasnt done it lately.

Magic_Bryce

Reaction score
yea i havent heard it since the spring install but i am standing by. if it comes back i will be taking it into ford to have them check everything over.
i will definitely be keeping an eye on that

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back