Lito tune vs Diablo Sport canned tunes.

Miker

Reaction score
My 2005 4.6 only mod from stock are the Roush mufflers which might flow slightly better than the stockers. I have a Diablosport Intune II and I was impressed with the 87 octane tune over stock but the 91 octane tune made the car seem confused.
I emailed Lito last night and to my surprise I got a response today. I asked for a 91 octane tune and hopefully the removal of the 3 second delay in off throttle to full engine braking.
According to Lito I would need to get an SCT 4 tuner as he doesn't work with Diablosport.
So with his cost and the cost of the tuner I would be spending around 700.
My question is with basically no mods will there be a substantial difference with Litos tune over the Diablosport tune?

moooosestang

Reaction score
Get a tuner from a real shop like brenspeed. Diablosport is not a mustang shop. Will you feel a difference between a brenspeed tune and a lito tune in a car with mufflers? I seriously doubt it. Lito is well know for remote tuning cars with a lot of mods. The bonus when using an actual mustang shop is if you buy more parts from them they will update your tune for free.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
I have reconfigured my Mustang a few times since 2010 and have run both Brenspeed and LITO tunes at different times. Both tuners can make your stock Mustang more aggressive over the stock tune and both use the SCT 4 tuner. Wether the gain is worth it is for you to decide. I’ve run a couple Brenspeed packages (bolt ons with a matching tune) and thought they were awesome. The problem was, as the mods became more complicated Brenspeed was not willing to tinker with the files when issues popped up. Enter LITO! Using e mail and dataloging Manual can create a custom tune for an individual configuration and he will stick with it to solve any issues that come up. If you make a change to the engine he will alter the tune accordingly for a small fee.
If you purchase an SCT 4 from Brenspeed with custom tunes in it you can use it to load LITOs tunes also.

Miker

Reaction score
Need to read up on the SCT from Brenspeed to see if it comes with 87 and 91 octane tunes on it for a basically stock Mustang.
I guess I am wondering if I am missing out as a few members here stated that all my Diablosport is doing is making the TB open sooner. That and the fact that the 91 octane tune on it sucked.

Miker

Reaction score
Ok I just was on their site. A tuner with 1 tune (87) is 519. If I want to ad a second (91) tune ad 100. If I want them to expedite the order ad 49. No data logging updates. Just whatever they program for every car. Seems a bit overpriced to me. I guess I could just order it with a 91 octane tune and hope I didn't waste 550 bucks. Seems like they could attach a second canned file for less than 100 for a few mouse clicks.

DieHarder

Reaction score
If you're gonna go this route go with Lito. The service alone is worth it. You'll need a AFR gauge at the very minimum.

FredB66

Reaction score
Lito is awesome, but it really depends on future plans for your car. If you have more mods planned he's definitely worth it as he'll update your tune at a very reasonable cost. When I worked with him about a year ago, he required an AFR for a boosted car but would tune without it for NA.

Miker

Reaction score
Looks like I can buy the SCT X4 from SCT directly for 399 and it comes loaded with 87, 91, and 93 octane tunes. It also seems to have an A/F ratio meter. And when I ad it to the cart with a CA address it doesn't seem to care. Any reason not to get it from them?

Or is what they are saying is that it will show A/F ratio if I have an additional sensor upstream from the tuner? Or will it read it through the ODB port?
From their description,
With a HUGE Backlit display, the SCT X4 Power Flash makes it EASY to read the Real Time Vehicle Data, view popular sensor data such as EGT, Air / Fuel Ratio or any other 0-5 Volt source!

Last edited:

Laga

Reaction score
Avoid Brenspeed like it was the plague, because it is. I spent close to $10K with Brenspeed and my car ran so bad with their tune, I was planning on replacing it. They offered no help. Then I found Lito. Now, it runs great.
You only need the AFR gauge with Lito if you have forced induction. It’s not a bad idea to add one, but since you are stock, it’s not necessary.

JonathanMCC

Reaction score
Some other people have said the same thing, but if you are going to continue adding performance mods to the car do it. If you are going to keep it mostly stock I don't think the $700 is that worth it.

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
I've had bad experiences with both options mentioned. That aside, I don't know it's worth the effort on a stock car anyway. I have used Diablosport in the past, and I thought the canned tunes were fine on a stock car.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Personal experience, I had a canned SCT tune with a ‘no-tune’ intake and some mufflers and it was fine. A custom tune over that just wasn’t worth the investment.

Once I went to adding cams, headers etc. I got a custom tune at a local shop when the parts were installed. I’ve explored the remote tuning realm a couple of times and it’s not been a great experience, I’ve personally had way better luck working face to face with someone.

JC SSP

Reaction score
I have SCT 93 canned tune on my 05’ GT (also my old 06’ GT) and like it very much. I am only bolt-ons and probably leaving some HP/TQ but until I go deeper into the motor I will hold off on a custom tune. FYI I have heard Lito does great tunes too.

FYI my little 87’ 5.0 coupe has a custom program from AutoLogic which has a lot of dyno, seat and quarter mile times, but the cost is much much more than I can calculate but dam does she run hard!

Miker

Reaction score
The problem with living in CA is there are very few mods that will get by the bi-annual inspection. Even a tune has to be removed now to pass. They will fail you for a catch can!
I think I will stick with the 87 octane Diablo tune. It's perplexing however that the 91 tune in the device is such a dud. I did try to reload it with zero improvement.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back