Location of Evaporator Drain Tube on '05 GT

smross

Reaction score
I have isolated the wet driver's side carpet issue on my '05 GT coupe. The A/C evaporator is draining condensation onto that area.

My question is, why? Any vehicle with air conditioning routes the condensation from the evaporator onto the road surface via a tube coming from the evaporator or it utilizes some kind of drain (that's the water you see under your car when you park after having run the A/C). Obviously, my car is missing something as the condensation is coming into the cabin. I've looked at the factory parts diagram which shows nothing and a friend who's a Ford dealer parts manager was unable to locate the part.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what part(s) are missing from my car or if there is something that needs to be rerouted?

Thanks.

Best,

SM Ross

mustanger

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Your tube may just have a blockage. It's not uncommon, especially on an older car or one that you haven't used the ac in awhile. Bugs or spiders could have tried to nest in it. You should be able to run a coat hangar up it to make sure it's clear.

smross

Reaction score
Just an update on my wet carpet on the driver's side caused by evaporator condensation. Started poking around under the dash on the driver's side and I noticed a large oval grommet on the firewall that wasn't seated properly. Mounted it correctly and when I ran the A/C, condensation ran onto the ground on the passenger side! The driver's side carpet has remained dry ever since.

BULLITT1

Reaction score
glad you were able to fix your issue. a lot of the time the S197 has water built up under the cowling due to debris getting stuck in the drains and spilling it into the cabin filter. this happened to me a few times. it likes to dump water onto the passenger floor board.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back