Muffler deletes and drone?

FR500GT

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but which model Corsas did you have?

I agree on running muffler deletes vs just plain removing the axleback...To me it sounds like a truck without the axle on at all.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but which model Corsas did you have?

I agree on running muffler deletes vs just plain removing the axleback...To me it sounds like a truck without the axle on at all.

Sorry, I didn't mention this. I'm running the Corsa Sports, which I believe is the middle one as far as loudness. Is the Xtreme really that much louder?

C

cobrafast1

I have Kooks LT headers, Hi Flo Cats and 16674 MagnaFlow and the drone is definitely something that is bugging me.

I'm trying to figure a way to cancel it out or attenuate it somehow as I do love the sound of the exhaust. It's just the darn drone that's terrible.

Kadorja

FNG
Reaction score
Trumpeting for me usually happens around 2500RPMs or so and sounds like a loud farty noise, but it only occurs under lightish acceleration and for 400 RPMs or so.

I don't believe there are any differences between muffler deletes for various companies, except for the Boomtubes which I believe have something special inside their 'muffler' section.

God damn sir you have explained that sound perfectly and the exact RPM band. Except my car trumpets even at WOT... its just hard to hear over the sound of all my small explosions shooting out my exhaust.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
After cams and longtubes I had horrible drone and trumpeting with some spintech race mufflers. Cutting in some pypes m80s got rid of the trumpeting and switching the spintechs for flowmaster Ameri thunders cured the drone. Then I added FI and overpowered the entire system..........dont like it now. Damn 3v exhaust!

trucker

Reaction score
I'm running bbk Lt and hi flow cats w/xpipe and
magna flow magna packs no drone no trumpiting
sounds great oh yes I'm FI

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I really liked my SLP Loudmouth axleback's with the OEM H-pipe on my car. It had a deep rumble and sounded great.

Not long after I switched over to a catted SLP x-pipe with the axleback's. It was stupid loud and had a good sound, but absolutely NO TONE to it.

I then went with some SLP Loudmouth II resonators mounted "mid-muffer" which added a good tone.

I wanted it louder though so I went catless. With this setup I get a shit load of trumpeting ~2400-2600 rpm and it's really raspy, however, I really like the way it sounds. It's definitely deafening loud, but has a very distinct sound.

Not the best quality video, and I didn't launch the car that great, but you get the gist of it.

Last edited:

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
you guys are a bunch of girls i run headers and straight piped and it's not that bad of drone, or trumpeting except at around 25oo rpms i get a little

remainvayne

Reaction score
you guys are a bunch of girls i run headers and straight piped and it's not that bad of drone, or trumpeting except at around 25oo rpms i get a little

Thank you! Headers, O/R X, SLP's, and Hot Rods here and I wouldn't change a thing! I get nothing but compliments on how my car sounds.

I think most of the "that setup sounds like shit" comments from guys here are from internet rumors. I've been on this site for a long while and have read numerous times that SLP's and off-road sound like shit, which is OK if a guy actually ran that combo and didn't like it. But for others to read that and assume it's the case, which I believe is 90% of the time, then that's pure ignorance. I used to run JBA mufflers with an O/R H and thought it trumpeted worse, but I don't go around posting that blindly because I know others here would take it and run with it.

In my opinion, all the libel about SLP's and O/R setups that is rampant here brings this forum closer to mustangforums.com level...

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Crazy enough, I'm thinking about quieting my exhaust down. I'm starting to feel like an asshat with how loud it is.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back