— Southeast largest Mustang and SVT
Cruise-In at Colonial Mall from 1:00pm –
8:00pm

Hope to see you there!!

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll be in Texas....but may consider making the drive to SC again, we'll see.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Possibility.....depends on what the sponsors want to do. That falls between NMRA/NMCA Joliet and FFW Bristol so we could do it.

Donna

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Mustang Week 2009 to Host
SVTOA's "Experience IV" Nationals

Calling all SVT vehicle owners!

For only the fourth time in history, the Special Vehicle Team Owners Association is holding a national gathering designed for ALL Ford SVT owners to "experience." This summer, the SVTOA's "Experience IV" Nationals will be part of the annual "Mustang Week" event held in Myrtle Beach, S.C., from July 20-26, 2009.

Just like during the previous three SVTOA Nationals, "Experience IV" will feature a car show, a club dinner and a track event -- only this year, instead of a road course, our SVT's will finally be covering the pavement 1/4-mile at a time at nearby Darlington Dragway for an evening of dueling time slips! The SVTOA also has special prizes and guest appearances planned, in addition to all of the other attractions that make Mustang Week one of the biggest and best Ford-based automotive events in the country!

So mark your calendars and stay tuned to www.SVTOA.com for more details on and registration for SVTOA's "Experience IV" Nationals at Mustang Week 2009! -- SEE YOU THERE!

Click the logo to go to the SVTOA site.

snkchmr

forum member
Reaction score
joel_In_Memory.jpg

The Mustang Week Staff would like to announce a major project for the 2009 Mustang Week event. In February of 2009 the Staff lost one of our own with the passing of Bill Jones. Bill was an integral part of Mustang Week. The success of Mustang Week is due in part to Bill’s knowledge and experience. We began entertaining ideas of what we might do either this spring or during Mustang Week in Bill’s honor. Staff member Mike Clay brought forth the idea that we feel Bill would have most appreciated. Bill was the type of person that constantly went out of his way to help someone out. Anyone that spent time around Bill knew and experienced his generous nature. He was quick to help someone make something or a situation better. Keeping with this theme, we have selected a deserving fellow Mustang enthusiast to have their car cleaned up and modified in Bill’s honor. The opportunity to do this presented itself in the parking lot after Bill’s funeral. We have chosen the 1995 Mustang GT convertible owned by Joel Gilchrist. Joel goes by “Rev’s 5.0” here on the Mustang Week website and other sites. He is the pastor of Shady Grove Baptist Church in Wentworth, NC, just north of Greensboro. Joel puts together and resides over the annual Mustang Week Worship Service the Sunday after all the big events and last year the youth group from his church volunteered their time to pick up trash and clean the parking lots at the mall after both the Car Show and Cruise In. The youth group will be back helping in 2009. Joel also reached out in a big way by being with Bill’s family while Bill was in the hospital and then resided over and preached Bill’s funeral service after his passing. We strongly feel that Joel exemplifies the moral character that Bill Jones lived by. We will reveal Rev’s updated Stang at the Meet-N-Greet at Planet Hollywood, on July 21st during this years Mustang Week event. We already have a few very gracious sponsors lined up to help us with this project. Those already participating are listed below. We will continue to provide “sneak peak “ details as we move closer to this reveal and look forward to this project in honor of our great friend and colleague. We really think Bill would feel we made a wise choice for the recipient and be very proud of this project.

Curent Sponsors Participating:
American Muscle
Choice Collision
BASF
MGP
Holcomb Motorsports
Fastlane
Silver Horse Racing
Fore Precision Works
Pro Tech Detaling
Grand Design Mat
CJ Pony Parts
Mustangs Unlimited
Dragon run group
Bad Mustangs Club
Cruizin Concepts
Southeastern Foxbodies
BBK
Pypes Exhaust
TMI Classic Automotive Interiors
Stage 3 Motorsports
Project contributors
Doug Winterstine

If you would like to particpate or make a donation towards the completion of this project please contact Staff member Mike Clay. PayPal [email protected]
Thanks!
Mustang Week Staff

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
That's sounds like an awsome time, but I don't think my work is going to give me vacation for a couple months after I go back....lol. Someone please represent the site if you go! I'll make you a window banner to use for the event. You can leave it on after or take it off and burn it...lol.

kdesigns

forum member
Reaction score
Kimmer,
I'll be there, shooting for Mustang Enthusiast, but some how, I just don't think the banner will go well on TMB* (it's a Dodge).

I'll be thinking of you, though. You getting better?

*The Magic Bus - If you have to ask, you ain't partied.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back