19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
very impressive

Very nice!!!:highfive:

Thanks guys!

Where da vids!?!

Below...

Nice numbers Sam. I am aching to take mine to the track.

Get it out there!

Nice. Do you have any goals for the car or is it more of a whatever it runs will be good enough?

My goal is a 9.9@140 with this setup. So I've got to shed some weight, and come up with some HP, but I think it'll do it. I've got to do it soon before the summer heat gets here. Otherwise It'll have to happen in the fall. I'll need every little advantage I can get.

My plan is to cut some weight out of it. Swap to 3.73's for a little more MPH, ditch the cat converters, and possibly add cams. This will still be on the stock shortblock, and stock '12 clutch. It'll be on the edge for sure, but it felt so smooth and effortless last night, that I feel like it will work. Plus, I think I can improve the 60ft's with a longer burn out and some suspension tweaks. They were 1.58/1.59's last night.

I'll post up the time slips later tonight. Here is a crappy cell phone vid someone took, this was the 10.30 run:

And here are the in car vids I took. The first one is the 10.40 pass, and the second is the 10.30 pass (click on pictures):

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
On the second video, it looked like it started going sideways a bit on you when you hit second. Probably cost you at least a tenth if not more. With a clean pass I think you should be darn close to nines.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Yeah it spun pretty good on that second pass. My mph was down that pass too, I think it may have effected it. It was my quickest pass though. I think I can get into the 10.2's or 10.1's with some simple corrections like grip. There's definitely more to be had through the first two gears. I'm hoping the 3.73's help with that.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
My time slips. Upon review, my 10.30 pass was going to have a higher trap speed than the 137 of the 10.40 pass, but only went 134. So there was something going on at the tail end of that pass that kept my speed down compared with my 137mph pass.

Thoughts?

Boozshey

Reaction score
hmm, higher top speed for me normally indicates slipping on the line, but with the lower '60ft doesn't make me believe that. How was the run shifting wise? Were you spot on?

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
You can't always go by the mph especially if you are in a different lane. At Atco where I race, if the car is low enough like mine is with the chin spoiler I will always see 3 more mph in the left lane compared to the right but my ET's will be the same. Something to do with the height of the timing blocks compared to the ET sensors.

Looking at your slips though I really think you lost a little traction after the 60' which caused wheel spin and got you some more mph but lower overall ET.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Looking at your slips though I really think you lost a little traction after the 60' which caused wheel spin and got you some more mph but lower overall ET.

Have to be after the 1/8th. Look at his speed at the 8th... :/

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Yeah, after comparing the two slips, it wasn't tire spin that slowed me down as I was tracking for almost 2 mph faster than the previous run, but lost it somewhere on the top end. I've watched both in car vids a hundred times, and I might have short shifted into 4th on that second run. Or, as mentioned, IAT's could have climbed up a bit and pulled some timing. I didn't log any of the runs, and other than a glance at the a/f and tach, I wasn't watching any gauges. I can watch my timing on my Edge monitor, but I didn't look at it.

I definitely wasn't going as fast because I didn't hit the rev limiter the second time.

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
nice work Sam, curious the:

in your sig, race fuel? dnyo jet?

100 octane, dyno jet, 20* timing, 23lbs. There are several dyno graphs a page or two back that shows the gains from the different pulleys when I had it tuned on the ID1000's.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
100 octane, dyno jet, 20* timing, 23lbs. There are several dyno graphs a page or two back that shows the gains from the different pulleys when I had it tuned on the ID1000's.
:thumb2:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Well I busted an axle shaft last night at the drags. I'll hopefully have carnage pics tomorrow. I had to have my car towed to my buddy's house near the track, but about an hour away from my house. I'm going to go down in the morning with my tools and a spare axle to fix it and drive it home.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back