need help for emissions

RicoStang

Reaction score
I've tried moddedmustangs and mustangforums and didn't get any answer. All I need to know is if the basic strategy tune automatically turns your rear o2's on. My exhaust is fully modified from the headers back and I have no cats. I'm using antifoulers on the o2's. I know I need between a half and full tank of gas (from what I've heard), but I need to know before I start trying to set it if the strategy tune turns on o2's by default since our cars don't have the option to turn them on with the X3. I'm overdue by one day now which isn't a big deal, but cops around here are pretty bad with inspections (ask me how I know). Any help would seriously and greatly be appreciated.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stock tune has O2s on. If u by basic strategy the SCT strategy, that would have them off, 99% certain.

RTM for the driving cycle. If no owners manual. Use google or search here for it.

RicoStang

Reaction score
Okay thanks! My only other question is if premium will mess up emissions on an 87 tune. I filled with premium, but I found an old bama street tune that was set to have the rear o2's on with my intake. If ai run that tune on 93 octane, will it screw anything up? I'm sure I won't kill my engine on a tank, but I'm trying to do this as efficiently and quickly add possible so I don't want to waste any time trying to figure out how 93 could possibly not set my o2's for inspection on a tune for a different octane.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
I've tried moddedmustangs and mustangforums and didn't get any answer. All I need to know is if the basic strategy tune automatically turns your rear o2's on. My exhaust is fully modified from the headers back and I have no cats. I'm using antifoulers on the o2's. I know I need between a half and full tank of gas (from what I've heard), but I need to know before I start trying to set it if the strategy tune turns on o2's by default since our cars don't have the option to turn them on with the X3. I'm overdue by one day now which isn't a big deal, but cops around here are pretty bad with inspections (ask me how I know). Any help would seriously and greatly be appreciated.

If you're in a state that performs a visual check for cats, you're screwed no matter what you do with your O2 sensors.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you're in a state that performs a visual check for cats, you're screwed no matter what you do with your O2 sensors.

You just need a inspector who's eyesight isn't so good. :naughty1:

RicoStang

Reaction score
Theres a guy who doesnt even check anything. Just plugs it in so he can pass it and you're on your way.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back