Need some Help Here.

XxViSiOnxX

*SiLvEr&BlAcK V8 DeCiEvEr
Reaction score
Hey All heard this is the best place to ask for Advice on an issue i have that is concerning me just after a recent Mod i did....!

Here's what i had Done, i recently installed a 7.5 Ford Racing T-lok and Motive Performance 4.10 Gears.

New Pinion Gears/Seals were Used nothing was Reused from the Old Diff not even the Oil.

Royal Purple Synthetic Anti-Friction oil was used.

After driving it for nearly 500 miles keeping it under 65mph on the hwy and around 35-40 on surface streets to allow any break in period that it may need plus it was by suggestion from the shop that installed them and not flooring it in any way i hear Whining from 40 mph up to around 65 mpg but at 40mph its pretty loud you can hear it over my exhaust which are dual flow masters and at 65 its lower but can still hear it, So my question is, is this normal or could it have been installed wrong?

Recap: Installed Ford Racing T-lok 7.5 / Motive Performance 4.10 Gears, Royal Purple Synthetic Anti-Friction Oil, New Pinion Gears/Seals

Any help is appreciated thanks

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
If its that loud then I would say that they weren't installed correctly. You could try and recheck all the tolerances, but I'm not sure if it will cause the whining to go away, since the gears have already been broken in.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
another reason to buy FRPP G-410-A

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
They discontinued FRPP 7.5 4.10 Gears or i would have bought those :asshat:

99 times out of a 100 it's not the gears, it's the set up. If you whine on deceleration they weren't set up properly. Normally that's when a gear set will whine, when decelerating.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back