Odd question about how foglights mount on the 2013 to 2014

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Bought a bunch of stuff off someone including a 2014 grill with oem led fog lights. Now when looking at the back of the grill there is nothing for them to mount too. How do they mount into the grill I have the bolts and the fog lenses are wrapped in a bracket but there is nothing on the grill itself for them to bolt on.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
I have not started my grill swap yet, so this is "Gossip" guessing on my part. It seems the grill is placed in front of the foglights. The grill comes out and the foglights stay. The Foglights are on their own mounting frame...

Looking for the instructions now to see if my guess it close...

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Yep, they are not mounted to the grille. For those who didn't/don't watch the video.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
They are and they arent. It looks like the grille is 2 pieces so without the piece that attaches the grill to the bumper itself Im basically screwed. I was under the impression I was getting a complete grill with fog lights but it looks like I just got a center insert and some fog lights

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
They are and they arent. It looks like the grille is 2 pieces so without the piece that attaches the grill to the bumper itself Im basically screwed. I was under the impression I was getting a complete grill with fog lights but it looks like I just got a center insert and some fog lights

Correct there are two sections to the grille. I can conform this bc I just installed my CDC upper grille on my 2013 and requires deleting the fog lights by cutting the brackets. You have to cut the brackets instead of unbolting them bc you retain the outer grille portion and the cdc grille snaps into it. if you remove the entire grill with fogs and and brackets the bumper has to be removed and the grille has to be removed that way. The same way you would for installing the roush upper grille for the 13-14's Watch the difference between the two install videos and you will see what i mean. If you dont mind me asking what did you pay for the lights and inner grille? Or should i say what would it be worth to you knowing your short the outer grille bc I am looking to put my lights and center grille up for sale.

CDC install: www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP5KMaT4yMI‎
Roush install: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfVzDbag_RM‎

Last edited:

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
I didnt buy anything at a specific price. I bought it all as a kit with a bunch of other items for hydrodipping I didnt need them but they were part of the package Ill probably list it on ebay soon

swedensky

forum member
Reaction score
I bought the two grille sections, no lights, no wiring etc for $40 shipped..custom grille under way

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back