P0602 question, flash ecu price, so many questions.....

Jwood562

Reaction score
Very Very long story short. In summary, SCT X4 got corrupted or something. stock file was damaged.

SCT used my VIN and ECU code and re-wrote a stock file.

I got it and uploaded it with the vehicle in stock formation. car started and ran great, but I got a check engine light of p0602 and p1000.

So from what I understand, I got the p0602 beacuse basically my car recognized the file as not the OEM and the P1000 comes with it as it cannot complete the OBD readiness test/scan.

So are there any downsides to driving the car with the codes in place?

Like I said the car runs great.

additionally, SCT advised me that I need to get the ECU reflashed to a stock file from a dealership. what would that run me?

Im in orange county/SoCal if that matters. any recommendation on dealerships/shops that can do this?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
for the cost of the flash - I'd guess one hour labor based on recollection however @86GT351 would know best for what the "book time" on that would be

so cost $150-200 depending on where you go, So Cal, I'd expect the higher end

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
for the cost of the flash - I'd guess one hour labor based on recollection however @86GT351 would know best for what the "book time" on that would be

so cost $150-200 depending on where you go, So Cal, I'd expect the higher end
For just a flash we charge 199.95 which is 1 hour

Jwood562

Reaction score
Ok, so ballparking around $200....

does anyone have a shop or dealership recommendation. I would hate going into a dealer and them not understanding what I am needing or asking.

Also any insight on it being an issue driving it in the meanwhile with the codes showing?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back