Panhard bar selection help. All seem the same essentially.

UMI Sales

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys. Looking to get in on the PHB love in this thread.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=12_129

As mentioned above, an aftermarket adjustable PHB is a great upgrade and a great way to "hold" poly bushings, Roto-Joints or rod ends.

Working in this industry we get used to how cars feel with upgraded components. It's fun to give a stock vehicle a push side-to-side and say, wow, this is squishy (technical engineering term).

ramey

vbluep51

forum member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Looking to get in on the PHB love in this thread.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=12_129

As mentioned above, an aftermarket adjustable PHB is a great upgrade and a great way to "hold" poly bushings, Roto-Joints or rod ends.

Working in this industry we get used to how cars feel with upgraded components. It's fun to give a stock vehicle a push side-to-side and say, wow, this is squishy (technical engineering term).

ramey

how much does the 1043 weight in the Chrome Moly?

UMI Sales

Official Vendor
Reaction score
3.89 lbs for the powder coated bar

1.22 for a pair of rod ends

a few more oz for jam nuts and bushings

ramey

trakhoar

forum member
Reaction score
my UMI bar went in this weekend, easy peezy. Why is the stocker filled with..sand?

UMI Sales

Official Vendor
Reaction score

It is very strange what the factory does to reduce/eliminate NVH.

Cardboard in driveshafts for instance.

I once did a test drive stint for Machine Design magazine at the Dana proving grounds. There was a guy there from Nye Lubricants. He had a briefcase with probably 100 viscosities of the same style of grease. It was to determine what to put in switches to give them that proper feel.

ramey

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
I ended up buying Freedom Racing's Steel bar today. Looking forward to testing it out. I didn't realize until afterward that there is 'forum pricing'. haha.

Oh well. Send me a check for 5 bucks hehe

HC_Tad

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I ended up buying Freedom Racing's Steel bar today. Looking forward to testing it out. I didn't realize until afterward that there is 'forum pricing'. haha.

Oh well. Send me a check for 5 bucks hehe

Thank you, Emanuel! Your PH will ship tomorrow. $13.52 has been credited to your card. We appreciate your business and want you as a repeat customer!!

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
Thank you, Emanuel! Your PH will ship tomorrow. $13.52 has been credited to your card. We appreciate your business and want you as a repeat customer!!

Are you serious?? WOW!!!! Thank you so much! I was just joking as I didn't expect someone to have to 'handle' my order twice just for a refund. You definitely have won me over. I'll be sure to go to you guys for my UCA if it all pans out.:highfive:

HC_Tad

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you serious?? WOW!!!! Thank you so much! I was just joking as I didn't expect someone to have to 'handle' my order twice just for a refund. You definitely have won me over. I'll be sure to go to you guys for my UCA if it all pans out.:highfive:

No big deal really; it took all of three minutes. You're welcome and thanks again!

Darkside323

forum member
Reaction score
It seems most PHB's on the market are the same other than bushing vs rod end or aluminum vs steel.
The only one I've seen that seems to be more than a adjustable version of the factory one is the Kenny Brown Performance GT-4 Roll-Center Relocation Kit

I'm also interested in this one. Has anyone ever tried one. I spoke to his son Paul Brown about this part and he say's this part alone drastically changes the Mustangs handling characteristics. Anyone out there try it yet?

jaguarking11

Reaction score
My fays2 survived a side impact 50mph+ that pushed me into a curb and broke the curb. So I can say its one tough sob.

HC_Tad

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My fays2 survived a side impact 50mph+ that pushed me into a curb and broke the curb. So I can say its one tough sob.

That would definitely make me a believer, LOL. I've heard great things about that product.

Ivan 5.0

Still learning...
Reaction score
i have a maximum motorsports aluminum bar with solid ends, and although i love the build quality and construction of the piece, it transmits more noise than i'd originally hoped for through the cabin.

Agree. The MM bar does it's job - but you do hear a constant "whirring" sound coming from the rear. Wouldn't recommend solid ends if you do not want an increase in NVH.

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score

Wow, I guess Jim wasn't lying about the car he put sideways into grass at 100 mph and only tweaking the center bolt by 2 degrees! I'm glad mine is sitting ready to go on my car when I have the free time! Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back