Photos from my trip to get the '89 registered:

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I've lived in Florida for 3.5 years, but my '89 LX was apart for most of that time. Now that the '89 is pretty much done, I went ahead and registered it here in Florida so I could drive it on the street legally. The Weather Channel showed a 0% chance of precipitation on the day I chose to drive to the County Tax Office for the Out of State Inspection. Of course, it rained the whole way there and the whole way back. Murphy's Law, I guess. But I thought it was funny, so I took pics the whole time.

Cruising down the highway in the rain. 40-spline spool + Drag Radials + Rain = Fun.

rainyon82_zps4b11d9fe.jpg

Same highway, from my friend's car:

raincruising_zps3e6b9968.jpg

Our destination! In Florida they call the DMVs the TAX COLLECTOR. That's amusing to me:

taxcollector_zps0ad526cd.jpg

It kept on raining while we were there...

TCallwet_zpsf940a03e.jpg

Here's the plate I ordered. I Support Law Enforcement! Hehe.

FLR89R_zps621b6b87.jpg

Selfie at a red light on the way home. Funny Car Bars on the street. #NoWorries

FCselfie_zps91e11b52.jpg

Passed this Prius on the way home. Bet he peed himself.

Prius_zpsa4c4a81c.jpg

Here's a video from that outing, which has gotten overwhelmingly negative reviews:

That's it for now. Pics & Video of test hits are coming soon!

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That sounds badass. I really want to find a clean fox roller and start piecing together the chassis to get it ready for a 351.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
That sounds badass. I really want to find a clean fox roller and start piecing together the chassis to get it ready for a 351.

Thanks dude. Yeah, I love these S197s, but I haven't been able to shake my Fox addiction yet.

That gave me wood. Fucking sick, the cage is awesome. #fuckutuberetards

Ha! Thanks, and yeah, I didn't expect the youtube comments. Oh well. I'm working on better video.

I want your motor please. :omfg:

That motor has been a blessing and a curse. So much money and so many headaches... but oh muh gosh is it strong!!

Sounds bad ass! I bet that was a fun ride on the wet roads LoL.

Thanks. I was driving like a little wuss in the rain, but I took it out tonight and made a few test hits in mexico. Much to my surprise, the car dead-hooked in 2nd & 3rd. It is SILLY fast on the street. I love it!

shockerfuel_zps9181b9dc.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back